Sorry, same reply as last night - I don't have a live site just a site under development on my test server (XAMPP) which is on my PC. However, I can be reached on +44 (0)1524 427427 until 2.00pm your time if you want to speak to me.
In the meantime, the best I can do is the 3 images I sent you. While these are not live, I do think they clearly show what's happening with the menu.
Since I made my original post, I have discovered that if you click on either of the 2 sub categories (General Fiction and Historical Fiction) on L2 of the main menu, the following error message appears:
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
24/03/10 07:06:12 pm
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
However, if you click on these two items in the left hand category menu, the search is performed OK and there is no error message.
As to "have I made any changes to any of the database queries", I wouldn't know how!
Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful, Jimmy, looking forward to your reply.