View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problems with Site Assist and other WebAssist Extensions

Thread began 5/18/2009 9:40 am by gwh362692 | Last modified 7/01/2009 5:37 pm by gwh362692 | 1914 views | 3 replies

gwh362692

Problems with Site Assist and other WebAssist Extensions

Hi everyone,

Since upgrading my version of Site Assist Pro to 1.0.4 I was no longer able to preview the different templates - it would only let me preview one of them.

In addition to the Site Assist problem, I also had problems with CSS sculptor when trying to upgrade, ie. when I tried to launch the extension, it came up with an error and also a dialogue box with a loading graphic which wouldn't progress. The error said:

"While executing onLoad in wacs_wizard.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
In file "wacs_wizard": initializeUI is not defined

I submitted a support ticket about a week ago and was told that the configuration folder may have become corrupted. I followed the instructions by renaming the configuration folder so Dreamweaver would recreate it.

I closed Dreamweaver then went to the following location:

Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver CS4: en_US

I renamed the configuration folder to configuration_back which had the effect of disabling all of the installed extensions. I then opened the extension manager and removed all the extensions to clear the extension managers cache. After removing the extensions I then reinstalled them all with the latest versions.

After doing this I tested Site Assist again by trying to preview but when I clicked on the preview it opened the browser and said:

"No file exists at the address “/Macintosh HD/Users/gwh/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS4/en_US/Configuration/WAPreview/wasap_home.html"

It seems that all the preview files weren't moved over into the new configuration folder.

In addition to this, the problem with CSS sculptor remained.

I've tried a few things since by renaming the folder called Configuration_back to Configuration_back2 so that DW would recreated the folder an additional time but now when I launch DW none of the extensions are showing at all. I can't work it out. There's now 3 folders sitting in the en_US folder, ie. Configuration, Configuration_back and Configuration_back2

I was told by support to provide a phone number which I did, but no-one has contacted me about this. I even tried calling the WebAssist office 3 times but it goes to an answering. No messages are returned.

I really need help with this as I can't continue with my work.

Can someone please help me!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...