Unable to create link to local file
This is the sequence:
1. Open the admin home page in IE8 and select a page to edit - works OK: 3 editable areas are PageTitle, Intro and mainContent
2. Click on edit/update icon for mainContent - works OK: shows some text.
3. Highlight a small piece of text and then click on the Insert/Edit link icon on the toolbar
4. Link--WepageDalog window pops up.
5. Hilite the "URL" dropdown and leave the "Protocol" selected as "http://" then click on "Browse Server"
6 A new window appears with the address "http://www.mywebsite.com/WA_iRite/editor/filemanager/default/browser.html?Connector=../../connectors/php/connector.php". No files from the server are listed in this window - is this the problem?
This window shows an open folder icon next to a dropdown arrow (nothing happens when this is clicked). A left-hand panel has the heading "Resource Type" with a drop down containing "file, image,flash, media. The bottom of the window contains an image "Create a New Folder", an input field with the title "Upload a new file in this folder" and "Browse" and Upload" buttons".
If I then browse to a local file on my PC and try to upload it I get the error box "Invalid file".
If I try to create a new folder I can open a dialog box to type in the new folder name but if I submit this I get the error message "You have no permissions to create the folder".