Ok, I finally figured out what is causing my painfully slow DA pages when editing. Though I am still puzzled as to why.
I know this is going to sound impossible but it has something to do with a stylesheet created by DA Wizard. But I have heavily altered it. And I have not yet created a new project from scratch to test it in it's original form.
What I have done is make a copy of the Results page in a CMS. It was my slowest page during editing.
I began deleting behaviors, with no improvements. I had removed all behaviors and all php code and it still spun the beach ball every time I clicked anywhere.
Finally a I started deleting styles. Once I trashed the "Traditional_Pacifica.css" link, it was like night and day. So I opened up my original Results page full of several server behaviors and tons of PHP. As always, it began to crawl. I highlighted the "Traditional_Pacifica.css" and clicked trash. BAMB!, it was once again running at full speed in edit. I tried to get the beach ball to spin and couldn't.
So now I'm puzzled. I don't have any external image links in the styles. But I will scrub through and look for something.
One note, this is only 1 of 4 stylesheets attached to this page. The others create no problems.