Final comments - Re - Home Page Modifications
Thanks to you all that came back with help.
I did in fact download the source via my account in web assist.
I opened the .psd file associated with the colour schem in use.
I accessed the appropriate layer, and deleted the Marketing References, then added my own.
I then opened the original .jpg header file as a file to refer to and using this as reference removed certain items from the psd, finally gaining a clear view of the header.
I then merged all layers, and cropped what I needed, once again referring to the header and then saved it under an appropriate filename as a .jpg
These files were then used to replace the original site assist files.
I hope this helps someone else.