close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Assist Pro 1.05 - Home Page Changes

Thread began 10/25/2009 4:19 am by nenenaiad282979 | Last modified 3/07/2010 1:19 pm by neilo | 3725 views | 10 replies |

nenenaiad282979

Site Assist Pro 1.05 - Home Page Changes

Hi,

I am new to both Dreamweaver CS4 and Site Assist Pro, so please bare with me.

I have created a web site based on the Marketing Background because it is the background that suits my purposes.

However I wish to have a Home Page without the "Best in Class Marketing Consulting Services" motif on it, as I am using the site for an educational user. Basically I need to put a different motif on the same background.

Reading what I can find about "Creating a Custom Layout", is creating a Dreamweaver Template the only way of doing this ?

My thought is that I only need to change the Home Page graphic, but of course I really need a blank one to start off with.

Can I thank you all at Web Assist. This is my first time using this product and its doing everything it says on the tin so far.

Regards

Dave

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

SiteAssist generates a Home page and a template. Changes to the template are reflected in all of the pages except the home page. You can modify the Home page all you want without affecting any of the other pages.

As I remember, you can just select the "Best in Class Marketing Consulting Services" text in design mode and type in what you want. Then save the page.

The background images are in the siteassist_images folder.
The home page image is header_background.jpg
The other pages use subheader_background.jpg

nenenaiad282979

Home Page Image

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to me. The site assist images folder does hold a copy of the image I need to edit namely header_bg.jpg.

Selecting this moves it into photoshop, and from what I can see this image contains a single layer and therefore I cannot edit the "Best in Class Marketing Consulting Services" text.

Regards

Dave

Office Guy-172461

I think I remember a similar problem with some of the templates. I don't know why they do that. One thing to watch is that your image will get overwritten if you run the wizard again. I always make a backup in the same folder to make sure it's easy to upload again just in case.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the download center for Site Assist, the "SiteAssist Pro: source files with Sculptor presets" section contains downloads for the complete files used to create each layout including the original graphics files with layers. using these files you can edit the original PNG files which contain the layers.

Office Guy-172461

That's great news. That will make it much easier.

It was worthy of a new article. :)

188/

BTW I think you meant to say SiteAssist instead of Site Import.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Thanks for the catch Office Guy.

I get a chuckle at how quickly my answers make it into your database ;), you are certainly on the ball updating it.

Office Guy-172461

That's because you have such good answers and I have such a short memory. :)

The software I use makes it very easy to update things as well.

nenenaiad282979

Final comments - Re - Home Page Modifications

Hi,

Thanks to you all that came back with help.

I did in fact download the source via my account in web assist.

I opened the .psd file associated with the colour schem in use.

I accessed the appropriate layer, and deleted the Marketing References, then added my own.

I then opened the original .jpg header file as a file to refer to and using this as reference removed certain items from the psd, finally gaining a clear view of the header.

I then merged all layers, and cropped what I needed, once again referring to the header and then saved it under an appropriate filename as a .jpg

These files were then used to replace the original site assist files.

I hope this helps someone else.

Regards

Dave

clementoke364704

But where the psd files for the home pages

Does anyone know? I'm trying to edit the 'Artist Desert Spice' home page and can't find the source files

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...