I decided to start again just in case I had made a mistake somewhere.
connections are OK
Under Database tables I have four tables showing theses were generated from the file ecommerce_Database.sql
orderdetails orders products and users
I did not get very far this time I opened Webassist>database>data assist pages and after about 30 seconds the same error appears
Connections[conn] has no properties
On the last occasion when I generated some pages I noticed Not Responding warnings but they disappeared and the page generated OK I also noticed the X for closing a file was appearing in red.
PS this came in the DataAssist Search wizard