close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ECart Error message Connections[conn] has no properties.

Thread began 12/05/2018 7:58 am by john70964 | Last modified 12/06/2018 8:42 am by Ray Borduin | 1017 views | 5 replies |

john70964

ECart Error message Connections[conn] has no properties.

I am following the page http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Integrating-Data-Bridge-and-eCart
I have come to the section Create your Orders pages
When I select Click WebAssist > Database > DataAssist Pages in the menu bar I get an error
Error inuilnitialize
Connections[conn] has no properties.
I have closed and reopened DW but it made no difference
Any suggestions please?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have any connections defined for your website? Can you go to the "Databases" tab and test your connection to see that it returns a list of tables?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john70964

Hello Ray
I decided to start again just in case I had made a mistake somewhere.
connections are OK
Under Database tables I have four tables showing theses were generated from the file ecommerce_Database.sql
orderdetails orders products and users
I did not get very far this time I opened Webassist>database>data assist pages and after about 30 seconds the same error appears

Error inuilnitialize
Connections[conn] has no properties

On the last occasion when I generated some pages I noticed Not Responding warnings but they disappeared and the page generated OK I also noticed the X for closing a file was appearing in red.
Regards
John
PS this came in the DataAssist Search wizard

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This might just be that you had a connection that was deleted and it is trying to recover your settings. If you ignore the error are you able to continue with the wizard.

The "0" alert in Database Search was leftover from me debugging an issue. I've removed it and uploaded a new build, but it can be ignored until you do a reinstall of the extension.

If you send me a US phone number or Skpe contact information I can give you a call and do screen sharing to make sure you are able to get through the database pages wizard.

john70964

Hi Ray
I am following the tutorial at http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Integrating-Data-Bridge-and-eCart
Some of the instructions may be out of date?
Is this the correct tutorial for now?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That tutorial should still be valid. If you post a US phone number or Skype contact information then I'll do screen sharing and debug this with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...