Multiple Update not working with Select
I have been attempting to use Multiple Update and Multiple Insert unsuccessfully. Leaving Multiple Insert aside for now, the Data Assist Multiple Update appears to be impacted by a Select in the first column of the repeat region (fails to post to data base).
Here is my sequence:
1) I created the php page from a template from a WA CSS Sculpt.
2) I created the form and populated with a table to format page.
3) I used the deprecated Recordset behavior in Dreamweaver and the Dreamweaver Repeat Region for same.
4) I have a Select in the first and second columns of the Repeat Region.
5) I added the Multiple Update from Data Assist—no database post.
I have saved the resulting code as ym_mb_edit.php (see attached).
On a whim, I tried a different approach—I eliminated the Select in the first column and dropped in the text from the recordset. All other behaviors were as above. As far as I can tell, there are no differences between the first page and this second one (ym_mb_edit2.php) other than the replacement of the Select with text in the Repeat Region. This second version posts, no problems.
Is there some reason the Select (NOT a multi-Select) should be causing the code to fail?
I am experiencing a similar issue with the Multiple Insert—I have coded up per the tutorial, but can’t get it to post. I have NOT created a second file from scratch with text in the first column of the repeat region, but am suspicious that the issues I am having on multiple posts (insert or update) may be the same.