This is a generaic error message.
Are you testing with IE? In IE there is a setting to show fridly HTTP error messages. In the Internet option on the Advanced tab, you should turn this off so we can see the real error.
Also, Are you testing locally? if you testing locally in iis 7, you may need to make further changes to have the server display the real error:
1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools
2) Open the IIS control panel and open the ASP option
3) At the top of the ASP control area select Display: Friendly Names
4) Now go down to the Compilation area and expand Debugging Properties
5) In debugging properties make sure to set Enable Client -side Debugging, Enable Server -side debugging, and Send Errors to Browser to TRUE. Make sure to click the Apply on the right side of the page.
6) After setting the debugging you must go back to the IIS control panel and using the controls on the right side restart the server.
This will enable debugging info to display when an error occurs. This should be turned on while testing and should not be left enabled for a live server.