close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Creating Registration Page

Thread began 10/27/2013 3:17 pm by balexander389215 | Last modified 11/14/2013 11:31 am by balexander389215 | 1931 views | 19 replies

balexander389215

Hi Jason,

I've finally done it, and it works, well almost. I used SA to create my pages and then with your help I was able to recreate the registration page after about a dozen redos. Becoming a little more familiar with your extensions I can help but admire the amount of work and effort you've put into creating them. At this point I have one problem adn a couple of other things I'd like to resolve.

First the login page. I created a user with the registration page then tried to log in and was told the password did not meet requirements. I tried to find where I would adjust the password requirements for this page but was unable to locate this. I used a password like 2232K#er which should be a good pw but this failed to pass whatever pw restrictions are built into this page. I could try to create a new page but there are a lot of cookies and session values I don't fully understand yet. It would me much easier if I could simply change the password rules. Could you please point to the area where I would do this?

The forgotpassword page is the next area of concern. When the page is created there is no way to adjust any of the parameters. I would like to adjust the captcha to change the color of and reduce the amount of noise. I also want to get rid of that security question (although I could force myself to live with this for now if need be.) I tried going into the source code and adjust these values in the two sections I found captcha around lines 235 and 352 and tried to adjust the noise and color variables but this had no effect. Is it possible to adjust this and where would I do it? Recreating this page seems even more difficult than the login page; these are quite complex pages and without tutorials I would be hopelessly lost. However you do know that your insert captcha form gives a lot more functionality to the captcha including a refresh captcha check right? It would be really great if the "create security pages" function included the ability to adjust the elements of each of the created pages.

You have done a great job in creating these pages however individual tutorials in creating each of the pages independently would be of great value and would probably reduce the number of help requests you get for this section. I searched but could not find a tutorial on how to create the forgotpassword page. If you have one hidden somewhere I would appreciate a link.

Thanks for all your help.

Brian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...