Sorted, but a possible bug found in the CC extensions
I removed all the extensions and reinstalled them. I have both Dreamweaver CC and CS6 installed on the same machine. I have managed to get the solution working in CS6 and now my search and results pages are fine so that's good. However, I have discovered a serious bug in the CC version of the DataAssist extension.
I was retrieving records from a view I created in mySQL. When attempting this via CC the two connection script files that the youTube video you have posted on your site mentions that need to be copied over into the connections folder for the site are deleted, and so the DataAssist wizard always says no tables found. This only seems to happen when trying to retrieve records from a view, not from a standard table. I use views a lot so for the time being I will stick with CS6.
P.S the extensions took almost 3 hours to install in CC extension manager, whereas in the CS6 extension manager they took less than 5 minutes.