I too have experienced similar issues in the past, but this is what I've done to get beyond that recently. I am assuming from your message that you no longer have the v1 extension installed.
1. Delete all occurrances of the WA_DigitalFilePro directories on both your local development system and on your webserver.
2. Close Dreamweaver. Then restart Dreamweaver.
3. Open and edit your upload page again in Dreamweaver. Simply open up the WA Upload Files Server Behavior and click thru the Digital File Pro options (no physical changes necessary).
4. Locate the newly created WA_DigitalFilePro directory on your local machine. This should be available now. This will ensure that you've got a new copy of the v2 file.
5. On your Upload page, Physically highlight only the actual <FORM></FORM> section of your upload page, and then using the Dreamweaver menu, go to Insert, WebAssist, Digital File Pro, Progress Bar. From there you will be able to choose the animation you want to use. Save your file.
6. Check your local WA_DigitalFilePro directory. You should now have the following files.
* <images> directory
7. If all has been verified to be accurate, upload both your upload page and the WA_DigitalFilePro directory to your webserver. You should see the results you expected.
I hope this helps you out! ;)