More on Bug with Dynamic Menus
It would appear that somehow, the CMW is changing the code for the filter when I set it to active_pag Entered Value = 'Y'. The quote marks around the Y are removed when I add the second level and cannot be corrected in the Editor. This has the hallmarks of the problems encounted with the Universal Email thing that would not allow changes to be made to the Email body once the body layout code had been established in the editor.
The second revelation is that this Dynamic Menu facility is rudimentary and NOT really fully dynamic at all if you are using it in a CMS situation. I think the diescription of this product is misleading and should be changed.