Problem Solved for OSX 10.6.8 & CS6 Extension Manager
I have fixed the problem with Adobe Extension manager and the WA extensions. However the possibility remains that there may be a conflict with the most recent (Oct 2012) Adobe updates to the Extension Manager and Dreamweaver ( both CS6 ). I repaired the problem as follows:
1. Did a complete uninstall of CS6 (OS X 10.6.8) using the Adobe Uninstaller ( including preferences)
2. Applied the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner tool, to remove any remaining elements of the CS6 Suite.
3. Re-Installed the CS6 Design Web Premium Suite from my original downloaded media at Adobe (April 2012)
4. Did NOT apply the Adobe updater, and proceeded to install the WA extensions ( eCart 5, Design Extender 1.11, Data Bridge 1.09, and Free Tools 1.02 -- in that order)
5. Then I applied the Adobe updater and updated the Extension Manager and all other relevant software in the Suite.
These steps rectified the problem and currently Dreamweaver and all of the WA extension are functioning normally. I will post up these steps in the forum, in the hope that it may help others if they are having a similar problem with OSX 10.6.8 etc.
Thanks, for you quick reply, and setting up the ticket. Adobe should take a lesson from your support team.. Although I sorted out the problem just prior to receiving the ticket, Web Assist, and specifically Jason have helped me resolve all problems I have brought to the forum in the past. This system of support is very effective in helping us all out. So keep up the great work and thank you again..