to have 2 form elements on the same line with unique spry validation, follow these steps:
1) In the Form builder wizard, edit the CSS Layout. make sure that the form is set to have 2 columns, and the width for the columns is set to half the width for the form.
2) In the Form Contents, edit the group that you would like to have the 2 elements in.
3) Create a line for the 2 elements. In that line create a set for the Title element and another set for the Name element.
4) Select the set that contains the Title Element, and set the Error message that should display, select the title element and set the validation type;
5) Select the set that contains the Name element and set the Error that should display when the name validation fails, select the Name element and set the validation type.
The key here is that the validation error message is applied to the set. so to have more than one validation error message in a line, you need to have more than one set, and the CSS needs to be configured to have a column for each set you plan to use