close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems still exist.

Thread began 4/19/2012 5:50 am by ijs174940 | Last modified 4/20/2012 7:53 am by Jason Byrnes | 2129 views | 7 replies |

ijs174940Beta Tester

Problems still exist.

After having a torrid time with validation issues in previous versions that both Jason and Ray worked on with a few add on revisions one of the annoying issues still remains in the latest build and it is something that I use in most forms.

If you add one form element per line there should be no problem but in most of the forms I build this is not the case, example, asking for the persons title and name which would look better?

<input>Title</input>
<input>Name</input>

Or

<input>Title</input><input>Name</input>

So what’s the problem? Well the spry validation works fine on the first example but on the second and the spry validation text for the title field disappears. I know both Jason and Ray pointed out it was a positioning problem in code view that could be fixed with some manual intervention but considering the edit group contents panel allows you to move sets into other lines I would have thought it would also take care of positioning the spry validation messages as well.

Also if I edit it code side and later use the interface to change a form field it overwrites the changes I made code side making the whole process infuriating.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to have 2 form elements on the same line with unique spry validation, follow these steps:

1) In the Form builder wizard, edit the CSS Layout. make sure that the form is set to have 2 columns, and the width for the columns is set to half the width for the form.

2) In the Form Contents, edit the group that you would like to have the 2 elements in.

3) Create a line for the 2 elements. In that line create a set for the Title element and another set for the Name element.

4) Select the set that contains the Title Element, and set the Error message that should display, select the title element and set the validation type;

5) Select the set that contains the Name element and set the Error that should display when the name validation fails, select the Name element and set the validation type.

The key here is that the validation error message is applied to the set. so to have more than one validation error message in a line, you need to have more than one set, and the CSS needs to be configured to have a column for each set you plan to use

ijs174940Beta Tester

Doing as you have directed results in the attachment, not good.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

whats "not good" about this?

It looks like you have the desire result:

2 form elements on the same line

please provide more details.

ijs174940Beta Tester

The gap between title and name is massive! what if this was viewed on a mobile, it would appear at first that there was no name field. It should look like the attachment

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is a limitation to the tool. for the elements to have unique spry validation, they need to be in separate columns.

ijs174940Beta Tester

could you recommend a short cut to adding fields with rounded corners? I know the css for it but didn't want it to clash with the generated code or be over written with each re-edit.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the rounded corners css to another CSS file so that it wont be overwritten by the CSS Form builder wizard.

standard rounded corners code should be fine, it should not conflict with the CSS Sculptor CSS.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...