To be clear, I have not tried using DFP yet, so some of my questions probably reflect an incomplete understanding of the software.
I understand the need for a client table with log in records for each client, but my incorrect assumption regarding a DFP connection to a database led me to assume the need for a files table.
Perhaps my real questions involve whether I need to integrate the DPF, DataAssist, and SecurityAssist software to accomplish my goal, and whether I really need a files table in the database?
1. It seems like I need SA to password protect pages that display links to the files?
2. I would use DA to manage the database tables for client log in and file names?
3. DA would NOT be used to display the digital file name/records on the respective pages?
4. I would use DFP as the tool for my client to view, up/download files, and for his client(s) to view, up/download files?
5. So, is there any real need for the files table?
6. If yes, how are the database records for the files kept current as users upload files, or as my client deletes any of his clients files via DFP?