I've uninstalled 2.0.8, reinstalled 2.0.7 it seems to be working. I have only got a few little glitches where I have asked for a DB column to be just text displayed, but when the page is built it is a text form input box, or a text area form input box.
If I removed an unneeded field (ie: that which was just text), then it seems to correct any issue I have been having with 2.0.7. The important thing is that my URL's are no longer breaking.
So, there you go. After I reinstalled 2.0.7, I managed to get a whole admin section with validation and file uploads completed within three hours. I did have to run dataassist three times this morning trying to figure out why choices weren't being presented in the manner I had asked, but it's now done.
That is a total of nine attempts though!