Thanks - got it fixed
Thanks for your follow-up, I did get the problem fixed. It was an issue on our end, specifically on how the files were set-up. We had not received any info on the exact products they are going to be selling with the store, and were putting it together based on assumptions, and accordingly, some of the details we needed to provide for eCart weren't within the db.
We restarted from scratch, making sure to better emulate the structure of the tutorial database. Once I had that rebuilt, and rebuilt all the files from scratch, I was able to get the store "working".
Still some other issues I need to address, but I have a grasp on how to approach those.