PayPal Pro and Checkout Issues
After my last post, I went through every possible scenario I could think of only to figured out that I was focusing too much of my time on PayPal. My PayPal credentials were confirmed by PayPal's service support tech, so I knew I was using the correct settings in the waglobals file. So, I finally just ruled out PayPal and moved on.
I went through the code again and used eCart to try to figure out where the error was. I was convinced their was something wrong with the script or program, but there wasn't. Everything was working as it should except the checkout. So, I went through the forum again and found nothing that seemed to make sense to this issue.
I went back to the globals file and this time started from the top and worked my way down and there it was . . . the shipping URL was set for live, but for the wrong API. Once I updated the shipping API the site was able to work properly.
This was a critical flaw on my part, but there was no documentation noting the connection between the PayPal Pro API and the Shipping API. These have to be correct in order to process any transactions. Maybe WebAssist can create a verification program that would notify you if the APIs are not configured correctly. That would be a big help.