close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Pro and Checkout Issues

Thread began 8/05/2009 9:11 am by AcquireCom | Last modified 8/06/2009 12:19 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3867 views | 5 replies |

AcquireCom

My site is currently live. My PayPal Pro credentials are in place and everything seems to work fine in the site. I'm able to select products and move items to my shopping cart, but during the checkout phase I am not able to complete a transaction in either Direct or Express checkout.

During the PayPal Express checkout, I'm able to leave my site and enter the PayPal site and log into my account with no issue. However, when I hit continue, after selecting my payment and shipping method instead of taking me to the confirm.php page I'm taken to the checkout_failure.php.

During the Direct payment checkout, I fill out the form and the same issue occurs. Instead of proceeding to the confirm.php page I get the checkout_failure.php page.

I have contacted PayPal and spoke to a customer support representative to confirm my API credentials for PayPal Pro. I've followed the set up steps in the globals. MySQL database is up and running. The only changes that I've made to the PowerStore 2 is to the CSS and images per the getting started instructions. The site currently works exactly like the demo. Everything works except when you go to make a transaction, the checkout_failure.php page is displayed.

What steps would you recommend to fix this issue? I've tried using eCart's feature to display errors, but nothing shows up. Except for one time I received a "success" message on the checkout_failure.php page when using the sandbox. I had several issues with the PayPal Sandbox and based on a recommendation that I read in this forum, I switched off the PayPal Sandbox and have been testing the live site transactions with a test product that I've set for $ 0.01.

So, from my perspective, I see the site working, but the connection between the site and PayPal not working. I really love that the site is working, but without having a payment gateway that works the site is incomplete to put it mildly.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Make sure that the $WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode variable is set to false:

php:
$WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode = false

and that the $WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Sandbox variable is set to "false":

php:
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Sandbox = "true";

When you changed to testing live transactions, did you change the API credentials live ones? Double check that you are using live API Credentials and not the sandbox ones.

AcquireCom

After my last post, I went through every possible scenario I could think of only to figured out that I was focusing too much of my time on PayPal. My PayPal credentials were confirmed by PayPal's service support tech, so I knew I was using the correct settings in the waglobals file. So, I finally just ruled out PayPal and moved on.

I went through the code again and used eCart to try to figure out where the error was. I was convinced their was something wrong with the script or program, but there wasn't. Everything was working as it should except the checkout. So, I went through the forum again and found nothing that seemed to make sense to this issue.

I went back to the globals file and this time started from the top and worked my way down and there it was . . . the shipping URL was set for live, but for the wrong API. Once I updated the shipping API the site was able to work properly.

This was a critical flaw on my part, but there was no documentation noting the connection between the PayPal Pro API and the Shipping API. These have to be correct in order to process any transactions. Maybe WebAssist can create a verification program that would notify you if the APIs are not configured correctly. That would be a big help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

To troubleshoot checkout problems in power store, I put the following on the checkout_success page:

php:
<?php

if(!session_id()) session_start(); 
echo(
"Paypal Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"USPS Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"])?$_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"UPS Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_UPS_FullResponse"])?$_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_UPS_FullResponse"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"FedEx Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_FedEx_FullResponse"])?$_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_FedEx_FullResponse"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
?>

This tells me the response from payapl, USPS, UPS and FedEx so I can see where the failure is coming from.

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

avogel906385538

same problem

I'm having the same problem so I was glad to see this post...I also need to change the shipping api from test to live, so hopefully that should solve the problem....where in the checkout_success page should i insert this new code (top, bottom, somewhere in between?)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The code I posted above is only for troubleshooting the problem, to see what errors are being returned. it is not code to fix the problem, I f you need to change to the live usps server, you should change that in the WA_Globals.php file.

To troubleshoot using the code above, it should be added to between the body tags of the checkout failure page. When checkout fails, the code above will show the responses from PayPal and the shipping providers, using the responses you can get a better idea of where the problem is, and what needs to be fixed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...