I wish I Understood
I have read this thread twice but I still cannot understand themes. I have used FB to build dynamic plugins but I have never been able to understand how to create dynamic themes. I will explain my process becuase maybe I am doing something wrong becuase my theme page only ever shows my editable regions.
1. I create my plugin pages - Header, Footer, Sidebar
2. I create a dreamweaver template
3. I go to Webassist> Framework> Plugin > Insert Plugin. I insert my Header, Footer, Sidebar individually as static plugins on my DWT template.
4. I create my Main Content editable region.
5. I then convert my DWT to a theme e.g. Webassist> Framework> Themes > Create Theme. This creates a new folder with my theme page. The theme page is a blank page with my editable regions.
The next step is where I may be going wrong
6. I create my index.php page by creating a new page from my DWT template.
Should I be using Webassist> Framework> Themes > Create Page From Theme instead?
7. I use my index.php to hold all my dynamic plugin pages using $_GET['']
If for example I wanted to create different styled web pages and wanted to allow a user to change styles by clicking a link how would I fit this in to the process I have just described using dynamic themes?
Your help is much appreciated