First, do not use the simple registration; use the users_Registration.php file, as it comes with the City, State, and Country options. That will take care of your first three fields.
Here are the general steps to adding new fields to your form (unless you have other webassist products that would help):
1. Add the new fields
2. Add the new field Validations
3. Add the new Inserts to the SQL insert
1. Add the new Month of Birth field (I recommend a drop down rather than a text box)
- Locate the area(s) in your forms where you want to add your four fields
- Insert a drop down menu
- you can use a php for loop to cycle through the months (if you want steps to that let me know and I will produce them for you).
2. Add the Validation
- on a fresh users_Registration.php file, locate line 74 or there abouts where you should see the UserState validation rule.
- highlight, copy and paste all of the UserState POST rule to a line right below the UserState rule
- change the UserState to read UserBirth (or whatever you named the field in your database)
- change the number at the end of the line from 17 to 20
3. Add the new Insert information
- locate line 99 (maybe 100 or 101 now) where the $WA_fieldNamesStr = is located.
- insert | UserBirth | between the UserState and UserZip fieldnames.
- this part is tough, but you need to copy the UserState isset($POST) information in the $WA_fieldValuesStr and paste it.
- rename the newly pasted line to read for your UserBirth.
- locate line 101 or so, where the $WA_columnTypesStr = are listed. Add a |',none,''| to account for your new UserBirth field.
That is about it. The last two steps are the toughest because you have to make sure you have all of the right characters in the right pattern. Take your time.
OK, hope that helps!