Moving Forward, Slowly
I have been able to move forward slowly. I couldn't wait any longer for an engineer's response to my support ticket to help out, and I'm sure they are busy, so I basically started from scratch with the portion of the website that needed the database function pages. I kept the rest separate. (I had already completed most of my client's site, with the exception of the support section) There was most likely some corrupt or missing data on a page somewhere in one of my files when I encountered the problem, possibly from a crash/freeze of Security Assist 2 when I first implemented it, but rebuilding allowed Security Assist 2 to work properly. I decided to allow Security Assist 2 to create my SQL table from the Simple Registration template, and then just disabled or deleted the fields or pages that I did not want, within the Wizard. I kept the registration page, log in, and log out. I then registered the users myself through the registration page, so only the few admin support staff would have access to editing of the database. I was able to create a separate admin folder and public folder for the Data Assist pages and then apply separate rules through Security Assist 2 to the admin and public pages.
I'm learning slowly, and have had help from Jason where there was an apparent solution. I have had some progress using the tutorials, but many of my specific queries seem to be difficult at times to find answers for, or at least direction, so I will continue to use the forum resource and keep asking questions. When I have understood the procedure for setting up the elements in both Data Assist and Security Assist, they are amazing time savers, or at least will be :) I noticed that you are a beta tester, so you will probably have much more knowledge and experience in general with the WA extensions, so forgive me if I have blabbered on here.
Hope that helps a little.. now I have to figure out how to create more complex search pages with multiple keywords..