close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Login to Admin

Thread began 11/26/2009 2:17 pm by dennis.hacker262917 | Last modified 12/01/2009 1:48 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4721 views | 18 replies |

dennis.hacker262917

Login to Admin

It appears during the install that everything happened correctly. However, when I try to login, it gives me an error and tells me to enter the correct login information to access the page.

Any clues?

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

At some point during the setup (once you have uploaded the folder) you will have to enter your database details - these are for your database on your remote server - you should be able to access these details through your hosting provider control panel.

A little later you will be asked to provide a username and password for the admin login. These can be whatever you like.

Which bit are you having problems with?

dennis.hacker262917

The trouble is with the username and password to the admin page. The database information appears correct.

Using IE8 on a Windows Vista platform. The problem occurs immediately after entering the admin information.

neilo

Hiya Dennis,

I think you have a choice of two options. Either

1. Go to your onlide database - (probably accessible through your hosting control panel - phpMyAdmin), open your gallery database, select the 'wa_settings' table, and check your admin username and password. You can change them here if you like.

or

2. Delete the gallery folder from your remote server, and re-upload a fresh copy.

The first option would be a lot quicker, and that's what I'd try first.

dennis.hacker262917

Thanks for the advice. I looked at the wa_settings table, and the username and password are in there correctly.

Could this mean that the connection to the database is never made?

dennis.hacker262917

tempted atcd

More investigation:

I went to the error log on the site and the following appeared right after I tried to log in to the admin page.

PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_72ee26fac8f62b47f1c36b6a6d903749, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_72ee26fac8f62b47f1c36b6a6d903749, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='plugins/function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_72ee26fac8f62b47f1c36b6a6d903749, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web166/b1662/ipw.missouriusbc/public_html/PowerGallery/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 5

neilo

Hi Dennis,

No, I don't think so, the connection to the database must already have successfully been made in order for the tables to have been created correctly by the gallery set-up.

One thing occurs to me that may have some bearing on your problem; - when I set up my first gallery, all of the files that I unzipped from the downloaded folder were 'read-only', so in Dreamweaver when I put that folder into my site, I right-clicked it in the 'Files' panel and selected 'Turn Off Read Only'.

I would suggest that you do that with your gallery folder in Dreamweaver, and re-upload the lot to your remote site. It may mean having to go through the set-up again, but you know that your database settings are correct, and that your Username and Password are correct, so it shouldn't be too much of a trial.

As that's all I can think of right now, hopefully that will solve the problem.

Let us know what happens.

EDIT: This is in reply to your previous post. But still makes sense (given all the 'failed to write' messages'). See what happens.

dennis.hacker262917

OK. I failed safe, and removed everything. I made sure that the files that I unzipped had the "Read-Only" removed from each of them. I used FileZilla to upload the folder to my website, making sure to monitor for any Failed Transfers. The transfer happened uneventfully.

I verified the username and password in the table "wa_settings" in the database I set up.

I refreshed the error log on my server so that there were no other errors present, and then attempted to log in. The following errors are a direct result of my log-in attempt to the admin page.

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='plugins/function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_72ee26fac8f62b47f1c36b6a6d903749, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web166/b1662/ipw.missouriusbc/public_html/PowerGallery/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 5

I don't know what else to do, so I'm at your disposal.

neilo

Hi Dennis,

This has me beaten. You may have to wait for a WA tech to take a look.

Can you confirm that you have the basic mySql and PHP version requirements (PHP 5+, MySQL 5)?

I'll have a think about this, but I feel that I may have exhausted my ideas at the moment. There may be someone with more suggestions who can offer their insight before the WA guys return on Monday.

I'll post back if anything occurs to me.

dennis.hacker262917

Yes, I appreciate you being so thorough.

I did verify the required versions of the PHP (5.2.5) and MySQL (5.0.45), but if I remember right, that's also the in the first step of the setup for the program, and it won't let you go any further if you don't. The program was satisfied, so I assume my server meets the requirements.

I can wait until Monday for a WA tech, but I'll also check at different times during the weekend if anything occurs to you.

Thanks again for the help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...