close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Flat Rate Shipping

Thread began 10/15/2009 12:26 am by psychobilly1165508 | Last modified 10/16/2009 9:54 am by Eric Mittman | 1720 views | 3 replies |

psychobilly1165508

Flat Rate Shipping

I need to set a flat rate on certain products based on State.
All other products will get free shipping.

Example
Shipping to Hawaii is $100, shipping to Alaska is $150.00

Can someone point me in the right direction? I can't seems to get this set this up.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

jstoler155201

This might help your shipping problem

Step 1.
Go to the eCart Object and choose the Shipping tab on the far right side.
Choose the Add rule button.
In the new window-Name this rule Hawaii.
Next, in the Trigger section, right under the text box is a drop down. Choose "Based on Session variable" and then type in the name of your session variable (I use the one that eCart automatically create called 'eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province') then where is has the = sign, put in HI, or the abbreviation you use for Hawaii.
Go to the Calculation section and choose "flat rate" from the drop down menu.
Type in the price for shipping to Hawaii.
Click on OK and then click on Add again. Go to step 2.
Step 2.
Repeat step 1 using Alaska as the reference.
Close the eCart Object
Step 3.
Open the page where you want to capture the address - usually the Billing Information on the page named checkout.php. Then make sure the Session variables are set in the form.

I am assuming that you are using the normal cart flow of Cart -> Checkout->Confirm->Success.

Hopefully, this helps.

Jay

psychobilly1165508

Flat Rate Shipping

Hi, thanks for the reply. I actually had that part working. The problem is only certain products are charged shipping. So I created another column in my products table called flatshipping. I set a session variable for this and added it as part of my shipping rule for Hawaii. Problem is if I add a product that does NOT get a shipping charge after adding a product the does get a shipping charge, it seems to cancel out the session variable.

Not sure how to approach this. here's my code:

function WAEC_indycart_HIShip() {
$totalShipping = 0;
if (true && (((isset($_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province'])?$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province']:"") == "HI") && ((isset($_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_addshipping'])?$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_addshipping']:"") == "Yes"))) {
$totalShipping += 100.00;//Result
}
return WA_eCart_FormatNumber($totalShipping, $this->ForceDecimalsC, $this->DecimalPlacesC);
}

Eric Mittman

Session variables should not be canceled out by making any adjustments. It looks like you are setting this other variable $_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_addshipping'] to yes to trigger the flat rate shipping.

So long as the checkout state is HI and this session variable is set to 'yes' then the shipping charge should be applied. I think the problem is how you are setting this addshipping session variable. Where do you set it and how are you setting it?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...