close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

BlueSky shoes sql script will not import into Mysql Query Browser

Thread began 8/18/2009 11:26 am by wilyumcj205276 | Last modified 8/31/2009 1:00 pm by office172461 | 7612 views | 12 replies |

wilyumcj205276

BlueSky shoes sql script will not import into Mysql Query Browser

The BlueSky shoes tutorials look old. Is this why the sample store database scripts will not import into Mysql 5? I have successfully imported the sample store database for BlueSky Music. I did that a year ago, with the same version of Mysql, so why doesn't it (shoes) work? Upon execution an error message states the sql script can not convert to UTF-8 encoding.
I am getting frustrated having to wait 2 and 3 days for help for each question. You guys could have told me about the dynamic options tutorials last week, and then I would have encountered the sql script problem last week.
William

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

We do not explicitly set the character set to UTF-8. You should set the character set on the database table that you are creating to latin1, instead of UTF-8.

And I'm not sure what you mean by having to wait 2 or 3 days for help on each question. If you post over the weekend, we do not have support hours then so you will most likely have to wait until the work week starts to get an answer from us.

wilyumcj205276

did not work

Upon execution error message : No database selected(1046)

wilyumcj205276

directions

There were no directions in your tutorials that had me choose latin1 , so how would i know to do this. Are you leaving out other steps? Is the sql script too old for this Mysql query browser?

Jimmy Wu

As the message suggests, you need to select the database you want to run the query on.

The default is usually not UTF-8, so that is why there is no instruction on setting the character set.

wilyumcj205276

how do u choose database

I can read the message, but I don't know how to choose a database. I put in a new database name while logging in. This just brings up all of the tables that have been there forever. Default schema, script area, query ?

Jimmy Wu

What software are you using to connect to your SQL server?

wilyumcj205276

Options

This is my original thread started on the 15th. :

I'm still learning dreamweaver. I need step by step instructions to create the size and color option via menu list, or radio buttons for the customer to put into the shopping cart. I'm confused about list value and dynamic database connection. If an item has three sizes, and three prices, how do you set that up in the database, and then get the menu to dynamically choose the correct price and size option to go into the cart.
Thanks William

Listen. I'm just an average joe when it come to this stuff. I'm a small business owner who is trying to learn how to do only my sites. If you can not give me step by step directions , then tell me so.
I'm using DW3, Mysql 5, and php. I have eCommerce Suite, & Dynamic DropDowns.

I want to create the exact same type of size options in your sample PowerStore site.

I've requested a screen sharing session, and I've not received a reply to that request.

Jimmy Wu

Let's take this one step at a time. You have to set up the Database to work first before being able to take any further steps. What are you using to connect to your database?

wilyumcj205276

I'm using php to connect to mysql database. I have these tables:

ItemID , ItemCatID, ItemName, ItemShortDesc, ItemLongDesc, ItemPrice, ItemThumb, ItemWeight, ItemSubCatID, ItemAddImage1, ItemAddImage2

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...