close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

admin settings issue after updateing to PowerStore 4.5

Thread began 4/05/2011 12:56 pm by Jason Byrnes | Last modified 3/01/2016 4:21 pm by Ray Borduin | 12779 views | 29 replies |

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

admin settings issue after updateing to PowerStore 4.5

If you have updated to PowerStore 4.5 and are now having trouble saving updated settings in the admin section, use this SQL script to update the wa_settings table.

Attached Files
settings_synch.sql.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

ripair417048

Admin Settings

I am also having trouble saving settings in the admin settings since upgrading to 4.5. For example, I cannot save changes to Address. I tried the scripts above and it works now. Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

have you tried running the script that is attached to the first post in this thread:
showpost.php?p=95619&postcount=1

that should fix the problem for you.

eopco265885

Can you please let me know specifily how I go about updating the script.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see the "How to import a MySQL (.SQL) file to your database " tutorial on the learning resources page:
resources.php

RIPAIR

Admin Setting Pages Issues

I had finally gotten to the point of trying to test PayPal live for a payment. During the test, it says that the site is still in test mode. I have gone to admin page and unchecked testmode and saved settings but when I logout and back in or refresh the page, Test mode still checked. I checked PayPal and both tests actually took out money from the PayPal account anyway (says completed transaction). Also there are several errors on the Admin Settings pages. On the Stores Settings Tab, there are two fields and check boxes for Email Verification settings and two fields and checkboxes for Debug mode. On the Payment Gateway Settings Tab, there are two Fields for currency. Also, none of the Contact, Registration or Email Form Setting will change or update. I have also retried the settings sync script to no avail.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

RIPAIR

Still problems with Site Settings

As some of the problems were resolved with the last ticket, Email settings for site now save and Store settings options for Test, debug and email verifications save, I cannot change, edit or delete the Tax settings or the Shipping settings. Also on another note, when the test mode was setting was in test mode, it still charged my credit card for the purchases?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have started another ticket so we can look into these additional problems.

glozinski107205

Have done the sql update however, still changes will not hold as well it seems to get hung up on Payment Gateway Settings as well cannot get an order to display credit card information when using an existing customer as well need to modify this page and insert more information from customers.. phone number for billing information and company name, etc.
Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...