close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist /PowerCMS Conflict? - Fatal Error

Thread began 9/03/2010 1:49 am by neilo | Last modified 6/05/2012 12:06 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4674 views | 10 replies |

neilo

Security Assist /PowerCMS Conflict? - Fatal Error

I swear I can break stuff just by thinking about it.

I had a fully functioning site late yesterday, after sorting out the paths problem with Security Assist, but after adding the developer code from CMS to the regular pages, I am not able to access any of the protected pages (in an 'admin' directory in the site root) because of an apparent conflict between the CMS' and Security Assist's 'Helper_PHP.php' files.

This is the errorI get when trying to access any of the protected files in the admin folder:

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wa_authenticateuser() (previously declared in /home/users/uks45031/html/katelissauer.com/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php:10) in /home/users/uks45031/html/katelissauer.com/cms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 48"

No code has been changed in any of the Security Assist pages or folder, or on the protected pages, since it was working beautifully. Only the developers code has been added, which seems to have caused the problem.

The CMS folder (cms) and the Security Assist folders are both in the root directory.

Should I just I just redirect the CMS page includes for the Helper_PHP.php file in the SecurityAssist directory in the 'cms' folder to the SecurityAssist directory in the root folder?

Help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. - I can log in to the CMS without any difficulty.

Attached Files
CMS_SecurityAssist_Helper_PHP.php.txt
Root_Security_AssistHelper_PHP.php.txt
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the WA_CMS/WA_CMS.php file, comment out the securioty assist include line:
//require_once( "../WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" );

the security assist helpers are used for the live edit functionality, this will create a conflict on pages that have security assist applied.

If you want to maintain live edit on the other pages of you site you can create a copy of the WA_CMS.php file and comment the security assist line there, but leave it intact in the the other version. then in the developer notes for the security assist pages, attach the WA_CMSCopy.php page instead of the one that has the security assist include intact.

neilo

Nice one Jason, thanks for that. All is good and I can have a relaxed weekend now.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

lesMatthews

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  he security assist helpers are used for the live edit functionality, this will create a conflict on pages that have security assist applied.  

Is there not a way to overcome this and have live edit on an SA protected page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Not without hand editing the security assist HelperGroupRules.php page and copying the rules from the cms version to your security assist version, this can cause conflicts however if you have rules defined that use the same name.

rik.forgo

Pwer CMS/SecurityAssist conflict ... still an issue?

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  in the WA_CMS/WA_CMS.php file, comment out the securioty assist include line:
//require_once( "../WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" );

the security assist helpers are used for the live edit functionality, this will create a conflict on pages that have security assist applied.

If you want to maintain live edit on the other pages of you site you can create a copy of the WA_CMS.php file and comment the security assist line there, but leave it intact in the the other version. then in the developer notes for the security assist pages, attach the WA_CMSCopy.php page instead of the one that has the security assist include intact.  

I'm running into this same errors here. This post was from 2010, is this still an issue today? I'm a little confused about the work-around. I would like to have the Live Edit capability, but some pages need to be secured. Is there a better way (yet)?

evansg7124312885

This solution helped, but I have a new problem

My initial problem looked just like initial post; I found this and tried it and now have a new problem after entering log in.

Commented out code as shown in Jason's post, put to test server and refreshed. Page loaded this time, filled out log in and clicked submit and and here is the error statement I got:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wa_authenticateuser() (previously declared in /home/content/76/8871376/html/dev/webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php:28) in /home/content/76/8871376/html/dev/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 46

I see now that it looks just like my first error. It did appear to change that I got the log in screen.

Second question:
I can see a new table was added to my database for this site, that was not expected. When I ran set up, there were no errors or other surprises. When I look at the new table, there is only 1 field in it. Is there any documentation on what should be created within the database (fields, properties, nulls, etc)?

Thanks,

I am using Design Extender 1.0.6, Mac Lion, and DW 5.5

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

danielsebas

redeclare issue

Hi Jason, this issue has some years now, I manage to overcome it by adding the code:
if (!function_exists(function_name)) {
in all helper files and also the mail files.

I updated to Data Bridge and Design Extender and the issue is still present when you build the site using the Build Site option with CMS, Security Assist pages and framework.

Is there any plans in solving this issue in an update?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...