close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cart works - universal e mail doesnt

Thread began 7/21/2010 11:19 am by J7HNW | Last modified 7/27/2010 6:51 pm by Dani Chankhour | 2380 views | 8 replies |

J7HNW

Cart works - universal e mail doesnt

I have my cart working - but Universal e mail is not sending out copy of the order to the the CC or BCC fields. IO attach my screenshot to show how I have added these in UEM4

Please advise where this can be modified by hand.

I attach my Screenshot - which sends the copy of the cart receipt PERFECTLY to the dynamic e mail address populated from the checkout form - but does not send it to the e mail address in the CC or BCC Fields.

I also attach the confirm page and relevant docs as far as I can see

Very urgent please - everything else is now working.

URL : hair-for-men.com/

Thank you

John

Attached Files
Desktop.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

As a test could you please set the CC or BCC to go to the email to the check out form since we know that is already working. I wanted to check to see if the email is being sent or not to the CC or BCC.

J7HNW

Still not working

Hi Dani

Thanks for getting back to me.I have added the dynamic e mail address into both the CC and BCC as you suggested ( see attached screenshot ) .

I did a transaction and yet I only got the one copy of the e mail come through -so UEM4 is not sending to the CC and BCC for some reason. I always FTP page and all independent files to make sure all updates carry across to the server.

How can I set this manually please - as this is very urgent. I do not know which of the forms carries this information ( confirm.php or one of the Universal e mail forms ) - or I would change it manually.

One other problem - the transaction goes through fine to Sagepay on the test server - but then the page rediverts after payment to the wrong page.

cartwig_custom.php This is the previous Checkout page.

Again please advise where I can change this so it goes to a Thank you page. If you can tell me which document contains the redivert page - I will change the code accordingly.

SCREENSHOT ATTACHED OF UEM4 SETTINGS

This really needs to be fixed tomorrow. Please can you just give me the code to embed manually and tell me which document to embed it in.

As we have the time difference to contend with my client will be on the phone first thing tomorrow looking for an answer - so I hope you can leave me a solution tonight which I can work with tomorrrow.

Sorry if I appear pushy but my client is wanting quick answers.

Thank you in anticipation

John

Attached Files
GRAB.zip

Dani Chankhour

in regard to changing the url, you can change that in the checkout_notify.php at line 111 and 112. For the CC and BCC, you can see what is being set in the waue_confirm_1.php file which is located under webassist/email folder.

J7HNW

Still no good

Dani

None of this appears to contain the e mail addresses ( I think they may come from sessions which is why I cant see them )

Firstly from the screen grab attached - you can see that the Confirm.php links to waue_confirm_2.php ( There is a "1" but this is not referenced from confirm.php)

The other files linked to confirm.php are

mail_php.php
mailformatting_php.php

I attach both files. Please can you let me know EXACTLY where to change the code and what to change it to - so the mail gets sent to the Customer ( This is currently working ) and I only want a BCC to go to hair@hair-development.com nothing more.

Thank You

Attached Files
Desktop.zip

J7HNW

Please can somebody reply to this post

I reposted on Friday - but have not received a reply. Please can somebody answer the post from Webassist Support ASAP - my client is pursuing me for an answer

Dani Chankhour

looking the waue_confirm_2.php page, i see that you have the CC and BCC set. However, i'm not sure why you have the first and the last name in the fields. Try setting the CC and BCC to go be just the email address.

//BCC Entries
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_AddBCC($WA_MailObject,"".((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_email"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_email"]:"") ."");

//CC Entries
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_AddCC($WA_MailObject,"".((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_email"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_email"]:"") ."");

or you could do it through the UI.

let me know if you are still having any issue.

J7HNW

Still doesnt work

Dani

In a previous thread you asked me to copy the code from the e mail address which was working ( the clients e mail address ) into the CC and BCC. I did this in the UI. I simply copied the code and pasted it into the CC and BCC. This is why you could see the names.

I have now gone back into the UI of the confirm.php and set 2 e mail addresses as I had previously done into the CC and BCC. I did this in the fist place but it didnt work.

I then Submitted an order to the site and checked out and paid on the Test Server at SAGEPAY - using my e personal mail address as the client ( so I should have had a copy receipt through on this e mail address and another on my sales@webjectives.co.uk. I go t the confrmation e mail to the personal e mail I entered in the shipping address at checkout - but didnt get one to sales@webjectives.co.uk which i should have done.

However - Again the CC and BCC have failed to send !!!

I attach the updated files so you can see how UEM has entred the code for CC and BCC.

Also something I have noticed on the test server - when you complete the checkout process - I am not being transferred to the checkout_success page - but back to the Cart Checkout page - displaying "The Cart is empty " after the transaction. The order is being logged properly into the Orders database ( the one you supply for use with the cart ) but the redivert to the success page appears not to be working. Again please advise

Thank you

Attached Files
Web Assist.zip

Dani Chankhour

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you:

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...