close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Menu Writer 2 Will Not Load

Thread began 7/01/2010 3:05 pm by balt289246 | Last modified 8/17/2010 7:03 am by Jason Byrnes | 3847 views | 18 replies |

balt289246

CSS Menu Writer 2 Will Not Load

I just purchased CSS Menu Writer 2 for Dreamweaver CS5. When I try to use the extension it just says it's loading and this stays on the screen for a number of minutes after that then I get the Windows message Not Responding and Dreamweaver is locked up.

I Have tried everything from uninstalling the extention and downlaoding the extension again and re-installing to renaming the configuration folder and having DW recreate it then re-installing the extention. Nothing works!

The product page saud that CSS Menu Writer 2 fully compatible with Dreamweaver CS5.

Please help, if you do not have a solution please refund my money as I have spent way to many hours trying to get this to work.

Thanks,

Barry

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Are you seeing the activation screen that asks for your serial number? If not, this may be an issue with not being able to connect to our activation server. Do you have any security, virus scan or firewall software running that could interfere with this connection? If you do, try disabling it and then trying the extension again.

balt289246

activation worked fine, I got the Serial Number Valid Check Mark. I did try to run it with my firewall off but it would not work. See attached error message.

balt289246

Here's another screen shot of where it gets stuck loading and locks up DW. I have also included the shot of the Serial Number Validation.

Please help me fix this or refund my money!

Jimmy Wu

Was this a site that was set up in CS4 and then updated to a CS5 site? Try adding a testing server to the site definition and running Menu Writer again.

balt289246

No this is a site build new with DM CS5 and this is the first tme that I have used the product.

Jimmy Wu

Did you try adding a testing server to your site definition before running the Menu Writer interface again? It looks to me like the error has to do with the way your site definition is set up.

pictorys391664

Menu writer loading issue

I do have the same problem with the menu writer, I bought menu writer, sculptor 3 and site sculptor all 3 tow days ago, all downloaded installed and only sculptor 3 works the other 2 can't load on CS5, same error message.
Also, this is first time I try your products.
I'm running a PC, for your information, I try the site sculptor on CS3 and it works but not CS5, menu writer doesn't work on both CS3 and CS5.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Before using any of the extensions, make sure you have a site defined in Dreamweaver.

Also, create a new dynamic php page, and save it to the site.

With the new dynamic php page open in Dreamweaver, try the extensions again.

If you are still having a problem, please post back a screen shot showing the site settings, and a screen shoot showing the error.

pictorys391664

Still doesn't work, here's the screen shots.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...