close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I Need Three Souloution For Three Of My Problems

Thread began 6/16/2010 12:19 pm by nathan400860 | Last modified 6/30/2010 4:33 pm by Eric Mittman | 3859 views | 6 replies |

nathan400860

I Need Three Souloution For Three Of My Problems

I am having some trouble. So I have just recently uploaded my e commerce site on my godaddy hosting account. The site uploaded fine except for a few problems. Problem 1: Two product images on the home page did not pop up/ the image was blank. Problem 2. Not all of the thumbnail images SHOW in the shopping cart when I add a product to the cart when it works great in the testing server. Problem 3. I am getting this error when I try to buy a product on the remote server. I am able to fill out the form then then next page
shows this warning.

"Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/s/w/a/swaney777/html/Connections/MyConnection.php on line 9

Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/s/w/a/swaney777/html/Connections/MyConnection.php on line 9"

I'm guessing that the problem is occurring because the check out pages are looking for mysql database but im not sure. I have created a mysql databass on my testing server.

If you would like to see these three problems go to www.dvinecigars.com . The domain name is a test domain before I put it on the live server.

Once these three problems are solved the site will work great!
Thanks,
Nate Swan
Edit/Delete Message

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The error you are getting about MySQL is a socket connection error. This usually happens if you are using the file system connection to MySQL through the sock file. You can try making it use the http method to access the server by updating the host setting from localhost to 127.0.0.1 in the connections file. Make sure to create a backup of the file first in case you need to go back to it.

For the problems with the images it looks like you might not have the paths set correctly at least on the home page. Here are the URLs for the SWAN WINTERIZING AND BYPASS KIT RMQ 332 from the home page and the one from the details page that shows the picture:

%20RMQ%20332%20SMALL.jpg
RMQ%20332.jpg

So it seems that the path to the image on the home page is incorrect, you should check your server to ensure that you have the image properly uploaded.

nathan400860

Having trouble getting passed the confirm page on the live server

Eric,
Thank you all so much for the help. I was fortunately able to fix all the image difficulty's I was having with the help of you! I replaced the "localhost" text on my "MyConnection.php" file to 127.0.0.1 and I still got the error below after I filled out the check out form on the check out page. This warning shows up on the confirm page.

"Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111) in /home/content/s/w/a/swaney777/html/Connections/MyConnection.php on line 9

Fatal error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111) in /home/content/s/w/a/swaney777/html/Connections/MyConnection.php on line 9"

Below the code that is on the "MyConnection.php" file is listed.
Much help would be appreciated!

"<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_MyConnection = "127.0.0.1";
$database_MyConnection = "mysql";
$username_MyConnection = "******";
$password_MyConnection = "******";
$MyConnection = mysql_pconnect($hostname_MyConnection, $username_MyConnection, $password_MyConnection) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>"

Thanks much,
Nate Swan

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure why you are getting this error when connecting to your MySQL db, the error is just saying that it cannot connect. If you are testing this locally then the problem might be that you do not have remote access to the MySQL db. I think you would get this same error if you browsed to the file directly. If you are certain that your username, password and other values are correct you may need to talk with your host to see why you are not able to connect.

nathan400860

Having trouble getting passed the confirm page on the live server

Eric,
I am using Xampp as my testing server. My databass is connected to the mysql xampp databass. When I fill out the check out form on my testing server locally the site works great and I don't get the error on the confirm page. Can xampp connect to the database remotely?
I am almost finished with this online business. This is my last step and the e commerce site will be up and Rollin!
Thanks,
Nate Swan

alizamp405574

Similar issue to error connecting

My pages have my localhost connection info and I wonder how or if that should be removed totally before uploading the page to the live server otherwise it would never connect to the actual database .

I need to collect/store our confirm page information into the database we have set up for order and orders details.

I was able to integrate into the page what triggers passing the info to the database BUT it is not going to happen if the tags include my localhost info , is it?

I am lost and very confused, have never worked with databases before. I can connect locally and edit the columns etc using phpMyAdmin /xamp

How do I pass the info to the live database?

Any help will be much appreciated !

Ecart5 and DataAssit gsg specify that it will only connect to local connection, ,therefore I cannot connect directly to our databases but I found the workaround on how to edit tables and then manually was able to update our tables at the live server. Therefore my connections , in my computer is what the pages refer to in the tags
<?php require_once('Connections/mylocalconnection name appears here.php'); ?>

Eric Mittman

When it comes to local testing and deploying on the live site most hosts will not allow remote connections to the db. So if you have the remote connection info specified in the file and try to test locally you will probably get an error like this.

When you go to the live server you will need to update the details in the connection file so that they work with your live db. You should be able to login to your hosting account to get the live details for the db connection.

Whenever you get a connection error like this it means just what it says, in this case it cannot make a connection to the server.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...