close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

javascript error when click insert

Thread began 4/06/2010 11:50 am by mr hankey | Last modified 5/10/2010 1:52 pm by Jason Byrnes | 6587 views | 22 replies |

mr hankey

javascript error when click insert

hi,

i have tried deleting the win cache file however i am still getting a problem when i click insert in dw cs3.

when i click insert i get "error3, unable to open script file in c:\.....\YY\Scripts\Preferences.js"

can anyone help? i have just installed UE4 and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and also uninstalling and re installing UE3.

many thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

mr hankey

when i click on universal email i also get an error:

"while executing timer in WA Universal Email.htm, a javascript error occured."

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try following step 2 from this page:
146/

mr hankey

will this remove all my other extensions i have purchased and installed by deleting configuration folder?

thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, you will need to reinstall your other extensions.

mr hankey

seems a bit much each time to do this with the extensions having to reinstall.

got to be a way around that.

bjgarner241692

Search 'javascript error' on this forum
search.php?searchid=693205

462 results. It is a major functionality issue with WA extensions that you will simply have to get used to because in my 4+ years of using them the situation has not improved at all.

Try it at Google: javascript error site:webassist.com
2180 results
search?q=javascript+error+site%3Awebassist.com&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF_en&redir_esc=&ei=mhe9S86KFsT38Ab_2fXbBg

You would be well advised to keep several working copies of your configuration folder so that the next time you install a new WA extension and find that half of your existing WA extensions have stopped working you will have a backup.

It's sort of like forcing us to type our email address and password every time we visit the site. Everyone knows it is a major annoyance but nobody is interested in fixing it.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

To be fair, there are a number of factors at play.

first is the Extension manager which has a number of bugs in it's own right.

It is such a bug in the extension manager that is the cause of needing to delete the Dreamweaver cache file.

The extension manager will also cause problems if you install an extension over itself. meaning if you have a version of Universal Email installed, you must uninstall it before installing a different version. It will not matter if the previous version is disabled (unchecked) it must be completely uninstalled.

adobe's own tech note for trouble shooting javascript errors refers to deleting the cache file at number 4, and renaming the configuration folder at number 12.

[qute]It's sort of like forcing us to type our email address and password every time we visit the site. Everyone knows it is a major annoyance but nobody is interested in fixing it. [/quote]

We evaluated a remember my password option and for security reasons, we decided against it.

mr hankey

thanks for your help guys, what i did that seemed to work as i did not want to lose my other extensions i had purchased from other sites:

i copied the config file to another location on my pc. i then deleted the config file and open up dreamweaver this created a new config file. i then came out of DW and renamed the new config file to _new

then copied my old one back in where it was. opened up the new created config file which hardly had any contents in it. copied the new contents and placed into my old config file. overwritting the old files with the new ones but keeping my extensions and this resolved it.

might be worth noting in case someone else gets that.

also just to let you know i did uninstall first and do a fresh install but still got the error.

thanks

dinohorn397192

I got this error when trying to add insert functionality to my universal email 4.0

While executing applyServerBehavior in CreateEmailMessage_WA.htm, a JavaScript error occurred.

So I tried the solution above by removing my config folder, then uninstalled all my extensions (hated doing that). So I had a clean slate. I first installed Universal Email 4.0 and started up dreamweaver. I did the same thing as before, adding insert functionality and got the same message. What gives?

My current work around is that I'm using DataAssist to insert first and UE 4.0 to sent data via email. I was hoping to use the all in one UE 4.0.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...