close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Still charging shipping on digital goods

Thread began 10/18/2010 6:56 pm by rmcadams351257 | Last modified 10/26/2010 10:26 am by Dani Chankhour | 3267 views | 10 replies |

rmcadams351257

Still charging shipping on digital goods

First thanks for all your help in the past

After doing the update to powerstore 4 from 4.00 to 4.01.
I still have the same issue with the shipping. My site sells digital and non-digital goods, is there a way of having shipping for non-Digital goods and NO shipping for digital goods?
I thought the update (4.01) addressed this issue. (Corrected an issue where shipping charges were being applied to digital goods purchases). Not sure what I did wrong, can you help in this matter?

Thanks
Ron
itstime2shop.com

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Yes. 4.0.1 did corrected the issue with shipping being applied to digital goods products. However, that only applied if you have shipping provider set up such as USPS, FedEx or UPS. If you have a flat rate shipping and handling applied then it will always gets applied to the Cart.

rmcadams351257

I do have a shipping provider

Hi: thanks

I do have a shipping provider, The shipping provider is U.S.P.S. and I do not have a flat rate shipping and handling charge applied. I have also ckecked the box for "This product is a downloadable file". But it still charges a shipping charge. I even tryed to change the shipping weight to 0, but it keeps changing back to .01 and charges shipping.

Hope this helps
Ron
itstime2shop.com

rmcadams351257

Still charging shipping on digital goods even with usps

Hi: Dani

I'm still having troubble with the shipping being charged on digital good even though I have a shipper (USPS) and do not have flat rate shipping setup. Did I do something wrong on the update?

Need help thanks
Ron

itstime2shop.com

Dani Chankhour

The shipping is defaulted to 0.1, because that is the minimum amount of weight that is required for most shipping providers.

In regard to the issue with shipping being applied for a digital good. Please try clearing your browser cache and run the test again. The shipping could be cached in in the session.

And also, do you have a per product shipping set? per product shipping and handling will show for digital good products as well.

rmcadams351257

Thanks Dani

I have cleared out my browser cache and tried buying the idem again, It still charges for shipping on digital goods. I have no shipping rules set up except shippping through USPS.
No extra charge, no flat rate, no handling.

By the way sorry for the X2 post (Thought you forgot me)

Thanks for looking in to this
Ron
itstime2shop.com

Dani Chankhour

OK, i think i know where the issue is.

If you look at this page:

updating_401.php

we have added additional steps when upgrading from 4 to 4.0.1. Basically step 6 was added which was not there before. Please try overwriting your webassist/plugins folder with the webassist/plugins that is located in the install folder of the 4.0.1 zip file. This include the fix to your issue.

I hope this help.

rmcadams351257

Tryed that..it got worse

Hi:Dani

I have tryed to update my plugins folder by overwriting my webassist/plugins folder with the webassist/plugins that is located in the install folder of the 4.0.1 zip file. When I did and tryed to add something to the cart by pushing the add to cart button. It oook me to a blank page with this text olny

Warning: require_once(../../../WA_eCart/WA_cart_coupons.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/8/d*********/htdocs/itstime2shop/webassist/plugins/shopping_cart/cart_editable.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../../WA_eCart/WA_cart_coupons.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/8/d*********/htdocs/itstime2shop/webassist/plugins/shopping_cart/cart_editable.php on line 16

I starred out the numbers, Don't know if they where sensitive in nature or not, can give they to you if you need. I have also put the old webassist/plugins back file to get it back where it was, so I could sell the other stuff that is not digital.

Still not working, Let me know what you need me to send files ect. that could help.

Thank
Ron

Dani Chankhour

Sorry, can you also update the WA_eCart folder as well that should fix the error you are getting.

rmcadams351257

Good job. No more shipping on digital goods

Hi: Dani

Looks like that did it ! Good job. No more shipping on digital goods. You guys are the best.
I assume that if I install a New Powerstore4 (I bought 5 in a bundle) from the 4.01 zip Dot release flie that this and the other fixs will work out of the box. I don't see why not.. Just asking.

I do have to say onething, any time I have trubble with a webassist product, you guys are there to help and every time you guys have helpped me fix it. That's rare, good product and good people.

Thanks again
Ron
itstime2shop.com
HBdistributors.com

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...