close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Intermittent Issue with PayPal Express Checkout

Thread began 6/02/2010 11:34 am by jdeyoe2002400313 | Last modified 6/03/2010 7:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 1023 views | 1 replies |

jdeyoe2002400313

Intermittent Issue with PayPal Express Checkout and Session ID cookies

***Note: this thread has been superceded by this one:
showthread.php?p=61431#post61431

I reposted to identify the issue with Sessions in the thread title.

Hi,

I am having a problem with paypal express as well. I've implemented the recent code in the sticky thread posted here: showthread.php?t=12914

But I continue to have issues.

Specifically,
After clicking the express paypal link, the user is routed through the Paypal screens to select payment source and confirm payment. Then they should be brought back and presented with the pp_confirm.php, but instead they are ending up at cart.php with the message that their shopping cart is empty.

**** I've done some additional checking on this. It appears that when I come back to the cart.php, I have a second PHPSESSID cookie. So after coming back (when this is unsuccessful), I have two session cookies...the one I had when I left for Paypal, and a new one when I come back.

I haven't looked at the other cookies, there aren't duplicates so I'm assuming the same issue doesn't happen with utmb, utmc, utma, and utmz. ******

This happens intermittently.

It does appear that if I log in before checking out with paypal, I do not experience the problem....(at least, not so far).

Never does the user end up at a checkout failure page, but the transaction does not go through.

How can I check the request / response information to and from paypal? Are there any other remedies I should try?

Thanks,
Jason

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It sounds like you are having a domain switching problem. usually this happens when going between using the www in the front of the address and not, for example:
mydomain.com

and
www.mydomain

As far as the Session Cookie is considered, these are two separate domains, so seperate browser sessions
check the RootURL in the wa_settings table of the powerstore database, and make sure to access the site to add items to the cart using the same address, either with or without the www, depending on how it is set in the database.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...