close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powergallery Display Error in AOL 9.1

Thread began 1/02/2010 11:27 am by lyn212943 | Last modified 1/08/2010 1:24 pm by neilo | 6414 views | 38 replies |

lyn212943

Powergallery Display Error in AOL 9.1

PowerGallery displays correctly in Firefox 3.5.6 and IE 8.0.6

But in AOL 9.1 The main image displays off-center and outside the main display box area.

See photo here: display_errors.jpg

Any ideas?

thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi

It could be your loader div causing the displacement. Try adding a 'position' attribute to that div:

So:

<div class="loader">

wil become

<div class="loader" style="position:relative">

There may be more to it than that, but that is worth trying first. Make sure to refresh your browser once you make the change and preview.

neilo

Or you could add it to the '.pg-rf .fullsize .loader' styles in your ribbon_fullsize/css/dark.css:

.pg-rf .fullsize .loader {
color: #474747;
position:relative;
}

lyn212943

Tried your "loader" suggestions

Thanks neilo, I tried your "loader" suggestions, but the display remained the same (off the main page area. (even after reloading page). Thanks for your help.

neilo

Sorry that didn't do it! (I duplicated the error in IE7, and that fix seemed to work for IE7).

Could you try placing the include code on a fresh (blank) page to check that the gallery set-up works OK on its own? This might narrow down the fault-finding options a bit.

The smart guys will be back tomorrow if this still fails.

neilo

In your 'PowerGallery100/galleries/ribbon_fullsize/css/dark.css' try adding the 'position:relative' attribute to both .pg-rf .fullsize and .pg-rf .fullsize .loader styles:

/* fullsize image
--------------------------------------------------*/

.pg-rf .fullsize {
background-color: #303030;
border-color: #000;
}
.pg-rf .fullsize img {

}
.pg-rf .fullsize .loader {
color: #474747;
}

Incidentally, - although probably nothing to do with your immediate problem, you have a superfluous <html> in the Head area of your document:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<html>

The third line: <html> can be removed.

lyn212943

AOL okay on clean page, but OPERA 10.10 has an issue

Originally Said By: neilo
  Sorry that didn't do it! (I duplicated the error in IE7, and that fix seemed to work for IE7).

Could you try placing the include code on a fresh (blank) page to check that the gallery set-up works OK on its own? This might narrow down the fault-finding options a bit.

The smart guys will be back tomorrow if this still fails.  

That was a good idea neilo. Thanks a lot for your help. It works in AOL on a clean page. The issue isn't there when I embed the gallery in a new page. So, I'll have to figure out what I've done that causes the problem.

NOW..... I tested the new test page with OPERA 10.10 and the center image never loads. I get a continuous message that says LOADING... but even after 20 minutes it never resolves and displays a picture. HOWEVER, if I close the browser and open a new window and go to the same page, the initial image loads immediately.

I was able to recreate the issue everytime I reloaded the page or opened the page fresh after clearing the browser cache. It's like it gets stuck in a Loading... loop.

Would you please use OPERA to open this page and see what happens for you? Here's the test page: test.php

Thanks again!

neilo

WA Guys: One for Justin?

Hi Lyn,

I am able to see the problems you are getting with Opera. It works well for me in all other browsers. In Opera:

• The page load OK first time round. On refreshing the page, only the loader image shows.
• Clicking 'Next' will show the subsequent images, but these are displaced to the left.
• I need to close the browser and reload the page to see the gallery work as it should.
• Even then, the transition effects are 'stilted'.

I haven't seen this before, - I can't test it with another 'ribbon_fullsize' as I don't have one set up, but my grid & lightbox test page seems to function as it should.

Assuming that your implementation was quite standard, I think this is something that a WA tech (Justin?) needs to look at. Hopefully this will be picked up soon, once they get back into the office.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

lyn212943

Thank you Neilo

You've been incredibly helpful, Neilo. You helped define the issue very well. Best to you in the New Year.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I having a bear of a time trying to find the cause of the issue, if I strip your page down to just the power gallery, it will will work fine in Opera, I then restore it to the origianl, and it continues to work fine in opera.

at one point, I had striped out the following:

html:
<br class="clearfloat" />

and it started to work, but it didn't break again when I put that back in. I am getting completely inconsistent results in trying to trouble shoot what is wrong with this page.

I am not able to reproduce the issue with opera in the Power Gallery demo page:
index.php?gallery=6&theme=dark

Where the demo page is working correctly, it leads me to believe there is some conflicting CSS on your page that is causing power gallery to break, but the inconsistency of my testing is making it impossible to pinpoint the exact cause.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...