close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Validation show if behavior error - changes to code that is not marked as editable

Thread began 9/18/2009 8:18 am by Kevin373660 | Last modified 12/21/2011 1:55 pm by johna1964 | 6974 views | 4 replies |

Kevin373660

Validation show if behavior error - changes to code that is not marked as editable

DWCS3 error msg after completing page 72 of "Validation Toolkit Recipies", setting server behavior -> validation toolkit

->validation show if.

After configuraiton is set and you click on the "ok" button, the following error pops-up. This only happens with the first

elemement. There is no code placed outside of the editable region on the page that I can find. All of the pages are from a common template. Older pages which had validation set and were working are now showing a red "!" warning beside each "validation show if" behavior. Please confirm what I should do to correct the problem. I am setting up validation on 9 new forms with 7 completed previously completed and working (now with error warning). Is it simple or do I need to open a ticket?

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
You have made changes to code that is not marked as editable. If you retain those changes, they will be lost the next time you apply a template update to this file. Do you want to retain the chages until then?

THE FOLLOWING PHP CODE BLOCK IS ADDED INSIDE THE FORM TABLE:
<?php
if (ValidatedField('memberRegistration1','memberRegistration1')) {
if ((strpos((",".ValidatedField("memberRegistration1","memberRegistration1").","), "," . "" . ",") !== false || "" == "")) {
if (!(false)) {
?>
* Please correct the error(s) indicated.
<?php //WAFV_Conditional member_Registration1.php memberRegistration1( :)
}
}
}?>

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is one of those Dreamweaver errors that has been around forever without a solid fix.

The best work around that I have found is to temporarily detach the page from the template. To do this, close the page in Dreamweaver, and open it in a text editor, I prefer Textpad.

Just after the <head> tag, is the tag that attaches the page to the template, it will look like:

html:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/Main.dwt.php" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

Cut the template tag;

html:
<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/Main.dwt.php" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

and paste it into a new document so you can add it back in later.

Save the page, close it in the text editor and open it in Dreamweaver to add the Validation Show if. When you are done, close it in Dreamweaver, open it in your text editor and paste the template tag back in after the <head> tag to reattach it to the template.

Kevin373660

Thanks Jason for that workaround.

For pages that I have already setup the validations for, do I have to do the validations over (the new pages seem to work/errors on show if apears only in the email pages that you helped me with before)? Or is this simply a DW popup that won't that will not effect the pages?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, if the other pages are working fine, you do not need to change anything.

johna1964

server validation work around?

hi,

Can I use this work around for server validations for the checkout and confirm pages?

Thank you!

johna 1964

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...