close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DW CS4 crashes after updating to UE 3.0.6

Thread began 6/10/2009 2:22 am by pbartelt102585 | Last modified 9/06/2011 8:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 11945 views | 12 replies |

pbartelt102585

DW CS4 crashes after updating to UE 3.0.6

After updating Universal Email to 3.0.6 DW CS4 crashes when the server behavior is double clicked. Is there any workaround or should I go back to version 3.0.5?

Thx
Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try deleting your winfilecache .dat file in your dreamweaver user's configuration folder. Most likely this is the source of the problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

neo314

Did that solve your problem. I just recovered from the same problem right after updating to UE 3.0.6, but UE had nothing to do with the problem.

anonymous

Yes, deleting the cache solves the problem. I had the same problem and fixed it with the new cache.

tammy289431

Dreamweaver 4 crash

where is the winfilecache .dat file located?

neo314

The cache file is located on widows vista at:

C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration

In XP ist should be:

C:\Documents & Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration

The file will actually be called something like WinFileCache-[some string of letters and numbers].dat

Stan, I'm glad your problem is soled. It was unlikely to be what I encountered. I had just installed Site Assist Pro 1.0.5 and UE 3.0.6 when my DW crashed and woud not open.

It turns out that I happened to run into the rare css file size error that existed in DW8 and apparently still exists in CS3. I had onl;y encountered it once before.

Of course I did not recognize it and wasted time installing and uninstalling extensions and restoring backups.

For anyone else who's problem is not resolved by deleting the cache file, check to see if you have a css file that is about 8kb. If any of them are, open them in a text editor and add a comment like
/* This changes the file size */

When you have done that to all the css files that are about 8kb, try to open DW again.

DW crashes if an external css file is exactly 8192 bytes (or a multiple thereof).

web_assist_mail157665

Same trouble on OSX

where is the file that needs to be deleted??

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Mac OSX;
-DW8
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Macromedia: Dreamweaver 8:Configuration
-DWCS3
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver 9: Configuration
-DWCS4
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver CS4: en_US: Configuration

(Please note that <Your User Name> Should be replaced with the User name you use to log into your computer)

h150477

extension manager crashes while removing UE

Universal email is installed on my machine (3.05). When I try to remove it, or disable it the extension manager crashes.

If I use the CS3 extension manager, it is shown as being installed on DW8 and DW CS3, but only in use on use on DW8.

I have removed the configuration files on both programs, and just for good measure, the one in CS4 (where it is not installed)

I can install, disable and remove other extensions, which makes it pretty likely that it is UE thats causing the problem.

I had similar problems when I enabled security assist on DW CS3, though this seemed to fix after deleting the configuration files.

Hard disk checks out 100% and there are no other known problems on my computer.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Usually it only "appears" to crash when uninstalling or disabling and will actually complete after several minutes when patient. I don't think there is an actual problem other than extension manager takes a long time and appears to crash when uninstalling large extensions. This unfortunately happens with a lot of our extensions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...