close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

"undefined" on top of every page

Thread began 6/13/2010 11:52 am by rchristiansen29367581 | Last modified 1/10/2011 9:04 am by Jason Byrnes | 4983 views | 11 replies |

rchristiansen29367581

"undefined" on top of every page

The following is what lines 1 through 7 look like in the template generated by Site Assist. First, when I remove the undefined text I get a message that states the rest of the site will not update because it's before the editable region. Second, when I try to move "<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->," I get another error as well. Third, where is the <html> tag?

undefined
undefined
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->
<title>Simple</title>
<!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Please attach the template that is generated so I can take a look at it. What options did you modify from the default while setting up the wizard? I've not run into this issue on my own machine. What operating system are you running and which version of Dreamweaver are you using?

rchristiansen29367581

undefined

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit w/ Dreamweaver CS4. I didn't modify any settings other than the ones that available in the GUI for Site Assist. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files
template.txt

Jimmy Wu

Ok, but what values did you change in the wizard?

Also, do you have a testing server set up in your site definition?

Try creating a new blank site, add a blank page, open the blank page and run through the wizard again. See if the undefined gets added to the pages again.

valeraal407759

duplicate duplicate showing on pages

I saw this post, and wanted to say that I am having the same issue. Every time I go back through site assist pro to regenerate the pages I am also loosing the content I've added to the edit regions on the page.

I am using a mac quad core 2009, snow leopard all updates, and Dreamweaver CS4. I am about to start everything over including my site setup from scratch to see if that fixes the problem. Will post back.

Jimmy Wu

Make sure you set up the local info and testing server portions of your site definition.

sologray

hello,

I have the same problem. Today I tested SiteAssist pro. I have windows 7 64-bits, DW-CS4.
I first created a dynamic site in DW. Then created an empty php page. Then run the siteAssist pro BUILD SITE using
LAYOUT: products
DESIGN: deep jungle
The rest choices are all defaults.
The generated site assist pages all have the following code:

<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/siteassistpro_template.dwt.php" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->undefined
undefined.

interestingly, I could see the place holder text in Dreamweaver and IE8 but not in firefox.

any solution?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

nigel258085

undefined - SiteAssist error

Please can someone suggest a solution to this error which has not been cleared up in this thread? I am getting the same...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

undefined
undefined
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->
<title>Simple</title>
<!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...