close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

The latest Dremweaver update breaks Bindings and Database Connectivity

Thread began 4/27/2017 1:33 pm by Ray Borduin | Last modified 2/21/2018 10:10 am by Ray Borduin | 204596 views | 166 replies |

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The latest Dremweaver update breaks Bindings and Database Connectivity

I've just installed the latest Dreamweaver version and I see that the Bindings Panel no longer works, and Database Connections don't show in the Database Panel. I have also experienced crashes when I try to create a new connection from within the Recordset Command.

It appears the MAC version does not have these issues.

Hopefully Adobe will address these issues soon, otherwise we will have to go back to the drawing board and create our own versions of the Database and Bindings panel.

In the meantime I'd suggest avoiding the update if you are on a PC.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

doug425125

Thanks for the heads up Ray..

anonymous

too late.... :(

How do I roll it back?

painterpeintre

CC 2017 upgrade problème - go backwards

Originally Said By: anonymous
  How do I roll it back?  

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#topic-3

read this tell you how

CDT Nige

mbunal

version number please?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

2017.1 Release Build 9583 is the one that has the problem.

There is no known work around, but you can still use the upgrade you just have to:
1) Create your Database connections outside of any interfaces other than the main Database panel and not use the Connections buttons inside of interfaces. (The UI will work for creating connections but they won't show in the list so you have to edit them manually or re-create them if you want to change them)
2) You can't use the bindings window from within another window. You can get your bindings on the page itself before opening a command and then copy and paste into a text document so you can easily grab them when applying the commands.

The solutions aren't elegant, but I've been doing it for now and hopefully Adobe will fix this soon. I'd encourage everyone to open a support ticket with them to try to put pressure on them to fix it.

If it doesn't get fixed in the next month or so we will have to work on our own version of those two interfaces and re-wire all of the interfaces to not use the DW version.

Massimo

I try update and have only this problem:
when I create a new mysqli connection with dynamic mysqli connection the connection file is created but isn't visible in database window.
Then all other windows (behavior and association) work well also with mysqli behavior but sometimes I need to close and reopen the file or click two o three times on the behavior and association windows for changing view and after all work.

My version is 2017.1 9583 italian on windows 10 64

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. That is a good description of the issue. Please report it to Adobe, let's see if we can put some pressure on them to address it.

Massimo

Also for insert and update mysqli server behaviot the dynamic data windows not work

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes that is the issue with Data Bindings. It can't be accessed from any command.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...