close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 3

Thread began 2/08/2010 10:57 am by roxcastaneda251760 | Last modified 2/15/2010 7:57 am by roger177049 | 2613 views | 10 replies |

roxcastaneda251760Beta Tester

PowerStore 3

I don't understand. I bought PowerStore 2 and now I have to buy again PowerStore 3?
That is just not right.

Sign in to reply to this post

esmsBeta Tester

Hello - I don't follow your question but before you do buy PS3, check this thread first so that you don't get caught out with some Hosts.

showthread.php?t=9937

Jimmy Wu

You don't have to buy PowerStore 3, you can stick with PowerStore 2 if you like. There is a lot of added functionality in PowerStore 3, so it is a new version. It would be like buying Dreamweaver CS3 and then having to buy CS4 when that comes out. If there are any fixes needed to be made for PowerStore 2, you would not have to purchase that, but for a new version you would have to purchase.

Wasntme

"like buying Dreamweaver CS3 and then having to buy CS4 when that comes out". Adobe gave us a fair indication as to when they would release the new version. I bought the PS2 less then 5 weeks ago. If i knew that WA had planned to release PS3 in feb i would have waited. I just paid $169.95 for PS2 (with all the bugs) when you have PS3 for $149.95(with a install wizard and previous bugs fixed). IT HARDLY SEEMS FAIR...

Totally agree with you.

jeremykrick399007

Re: PowerStore 3

I also bought powerstore 2 about a month ago but I was able to look in my downloads and upgrade to PS3 for free.

have you checked your available downloads section?

Trust me, it was the first thing that I did.
Nop, it is not in my download zone.

Michael Lekse

Hey everyone.

Yes, it is true, we do charge to upgrade to the next full versions of our products. We do offer a free upgrade for anyone who has purchased within the past 30 days and automatically upload the software to your download center if it applies to you. In your case, you purchased (for 50% off) PowerStore 2 back in October.

We do offer great upgrade pricing ($89.99) via your upgrade center if you are interested in things like a couponing and discounting system, integrated content management, admin dashboards, enhanced product options and the ability to work with your PowerStore 2 database.

I'm sorry if you feel like we are not being fair as it is not our intention. We worked hard to offer a great solution at a very aggressive price.

Michael

wbrooks199805

IN the same boat

I purchased powerstore in Mid december. I have never had a problem upgrading web assist products before and have been doing so since 2005. But I think $89 is terrible for this upgrade.

Why is web assist passing on the expenses of the new product to existing clients? This means I am paying $258 for this product and new clients are paying $108 less? Why don't you charge the new clients $250 and existing clients only $35? I would be willing to pay that!

Michael Lekse

WebAssist has had the same upgrade policy since before your first purchase with us and the PowerStore3 upgrade path is no different than the extensions we have been updating over the years. Upgrade prices are listed at 50% of the retail price.

If we only charged $35 for the PowerStore 3 upgrade, there would be no upgrade because we could not afford to build it. I'm sorry you don't feel that the numerous product enhancements don't warrant the upgrade for you. We will continue to try to improve our products and add significant value in each new release.

Michael

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...