close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Step 2 fails

Thread began 2/08/2010 2:38 am by esms | Last modified 2/11/2010 12:16 pm by Eric Mittman | 4377 views | 21 replies |

esmsBeta Tester

Step 2 fails

Hello,

I noticed other users are experiencing the same problem as I am with PS3. I bit the bullet and bought the upgrade to PS3 owing to the integration of a seemless setup wizard.

However, I get the error message:

ERROR: Your MySQL user (uti4319) needs the CREATE VIEW privilege. Please update the user permissions and try this step again. Contact your hosting provider if you need assistance.

So, I did just that over the weekend. Here's my question with response from 123-reg.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whilst installing POWERSTORE 3 by WebAssist, their installation wizard halts with the following message:

ERROR: Your MySQL user (uti_4319) needs the CREATE VIEW privilege. Please update the user permissions and try this step again. Contact your hosting provider if you need assistance.

I don't know what this is or how to allow this priviledge. Can you set it up for me please?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 06th February 2010.

Please understand that you do not have admin level access to the database, as you are in the shared hosting platform.

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards

123-reg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, this help is of no use at all after having paid for a domain name and hosting, I am unable to run PS3.

This is NOT a fault of WA, but I'm just making other UK 123-reg users aware that they won't be able to run PS3's setup wizard.

Is it possible for other users in the UK to suggest hosts that do allow this. I ask because I had no idea I would run into this trouble when I bought PS3. I thought it would just work.

As I say, not WA's fault, but I think a list of hosts that do provide this function would benefit all.

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

I absolutely recommend www.virtualnames.co.uk/ .

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is most likely to occur with shared hosting accounts, in a shared environment, you will not be granted as much control over the server as you would in a dedicated hosting plan. We will be adding a note about this to the system requirements and an FAQ for how you can grant Create View privileges if needed.

esmsBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  This is most likely to occur with shared hosting accounts, in a shared environment, you will not be granted as much control over the server as you would in a dedicated hosting plan. We will be adding a note about this to the system requirements and an FAQ for how you can grant Create View privileges if needed.  

May I suggest that it's more than 'a note about this to the system requirements' in case this gets missed in the excitement of the watching the advert movie. Maybe an extra mention could be made in the overview video?

esmsBeta Tester

Having said that, I've just looked at the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS section and the newly added note does make it clear it's the users resposibilty / problem if it doesn't work.

Good work WA - fast response to what could have been a big problem for new users.

Mind you, that doesn't help me!!! Never mind, I can live with it. I'll just search around for another solution. Obviously, I only bought PS3 in the belief it would install through the wizard without problem. This seemed to obviate the need for a full installtion video being made available.

esmsBeta Tester

Hello,

Just as an update, I received the follow up message:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 08th February 2010.

Changing permissions, means that you must have administrator access to the database and you have only shared hosting. You don't get that level of access to the DB.

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards
-------------------------------------------------------------

So, as it is I can't get past step 2 of the installation wizard, thus making the product useless to me!

Not WA's fault, I know, but I just thought it would be worth making potential customers aware that it's going to be a bit of a lottery whether or not it will work for them UNLESS they ask the Hosting Provider before buying PS3 whether there will be issues with CREATE VIEW privileges.

Obviously, I was unaware of this and only knew that this is an issue once I got to step 2 of the installation wizard.

So, to repeat (especially for UK users), it would be good if those users who have no problem with their host allowing this obscure requirement then to add to this list. At least that way, nobody else feels they've wasted money on something that won't allow me past step 2.

Oh well - we live and learn.

Tom M

I experienced this issue and filed a Tech Support request with my hosting provider, Host Gator, to allow this. They did a

GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'my_user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'some_numbers'

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES, CREATE ROUTINE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE ALGORITHM ON `my_database`.* TO 'my_user'@'localhost'
After doing this, I was able to complete the setup wizard.

TM

Andre.M

I have been using 1and1 for a long time, great hosting service. the only thing i had to do was place the .htaccess file root level
and place

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

check out www.1and1.com

Tom M

Originally Said By: Andre.M
  I have been using 1and1 for a long time, great hosting service. the only thing i had to do was place the .htaccess file root level
and place
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
check out www.1and1.com  

The command you list lets you use PHP 5, but we're talking about MySQL 5.

Am I missing something?

TM

Andre.M

my bad, that's what you need to run powerstore3 on 1and1.

sorry about the confusion

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...