close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Editing Menu

Thread began 2/05/2010 3:09 pm by Daryl | Last modified 2/07/2010 7:20 am by neilo | 2233 views | 7 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

Editing Menu

I have converted the PowerStore2 package to use the Gadgets theme but would like to get the menu system working.

The menu on the original template has a drop down menu, but after converting it the dropdowns don't work. Furthermore there are bullet points above each item once converted.

I have tried entering into the CSSMenu wizard, however I keep getting an error message regarding the recordset that has been created. The wizard can not detect it as it is in the include file.

What can I do to resolve this?

Support.php

Sign in to reply to this post

DarylBeta Tester

I am going to start again with Power Store 3 so will see how I get on with a fresh install

DarylBeta Tester

Ilm having the same problem with Power Store 3

Can't update the menu using CSS Menu Writer as it says that it has no connection to the database, despite it being connected.

The menu is now in Gadget which is a CSS Template supplied by WA, but I have bullet point above each option.

How can I resolve this please?

neilo

The menu.css that your menu needs seems to be missing. It should be in CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.css alongside the menu.js file which is there. The bullet points (list) are showing because of this. You could add static links to your menu.php file, following the hierarchy of the existing links. Take care not to interfere with the dynamic links.

DarylBeta Tester

Hi Nelio

Thanks for your reply

This is harder than I thought it was going to be to add a WA CSS Template to a WA Product....

If you have a look here...

http://stand-down.com/Support.php

I do have some CSS Styling going on....

The biggest problem with trying to merge these too templates is that the CSS doesn't seem to be structured the same in each version... anyway, what am I missing to get rid of these bullet points?

neilo

Hi Daryl,

It's difficult to say. There is still no reference on that page to the menu.css that that should be there (apart from the menu_ie.css).

The css for your new template is going to be quite a bit different from the css specially compiled for the store, and I think that as you get deeper into it, your problems are only going to get bigger.

But if you wanted to just change the basics of the menu (colour, font) then it might be safer to create a menu on a clean page, get it to look the way you want, and then copy just the stylesheet to your server (CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.css ).

Bear in mind though that the styles were written to accommodate the structure (in a 1020px wrapper) as well as the look, so expect a few challenges later on!

DarylBeta Tester

Hmmm.... OK

What is the best way to "skin" Power Store?

neilo

Hi Daryl,

I didn't mean to dissuade you from doing the swap-over, just warning of the amount of modifications you will have to make - especially when it comes to the product and check-out pages.

If it were me (but it's not) - I would accept the basic structure of the PowerStore template, and change just the colours, images and background images, and then work on the individual page elements one-by-one, testing at each stage.

If I wanted to completely change the structure to a narrower template , I think I would make sure that I could modify the existing product results, detail and checkout pages (and their repeat regions) and category menu in the original first (checking at each stage) and then copying those modifications over to the other template bit by bit.

But that's only because I would worry that my modifications might interfere with the dynamic functionality of the pages, and I don't know enough php to easily put things right if I mess up.

So I suppose I was only projecting my own worries about that - I haven't tried a straight template-swap so haven't thought that far ahead. It might not be quite as problematic as I imagine. Maybe others have tried it and may want to chip in.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...