close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Remote temporary server using IP instead of domain name

Thread began 2/05/2010 1:14 pm by rick262661 | Last modified 2/16/2010 2:55 pm by Eric Mittman | 2938 views | 10 replies |

rick262661

Remote temporary server using IP instead of domain name

Hello

I have setup PowerGallery on a remote server using the ip address. The domain name will point to this server eventually (when the domain name transfer completes). In the mean time I have set the clients site up and have successfully installed PowerGallery. But can't view the PowerGallery page due an error.

Images are uploaded, admin working fine. The "add to site" link is:

<?php
$pg_id = '1';
$pg_theme = 'light';
include('/home/creating/public_html/_gallery/galleries/grid_fullsize/index.php');
?>

... when placed in the web page and viewed says this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/creating/public_html/_gallery/galleries/global.php on line 59

Here is a link to the PowerGallery page:

greeting_cards_gallery.php

I assume the problem is setting it up will using the temporary IP link to the site.

Thanks
Rick

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This may have to do with the domain names, to check you can add in this code just above where the gallery code is on the page:

php:
<?php die("The value of _SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] is: " $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']); ?>

If this does not have a value or comes back with something other than the ip address you are using to access the site then it may be the cause of the problem you are experiencing. Please post back and let us know what you discover and if we need to look into this further I can open a ticket for you.

jebrandon343719

Incorrect installation

Hi, I have a similar problem. I dont think I installed with the correct address, but now I am unable to undo this.
I deleted the gallery folder on the server, uploaded all files again, but I cannot begin again and do an install. There must be other globals set, but where?
I am also using a temporary server.

rick262661

I guess this won't work a website using and IP address. So I moved it to a temporary server with an actual website name like mydomain.com.

Rick

Eric Mittman

rick, sorry about the inconvenience, I will make sure to record these details so engineering can take a look into this issue.

jebrandon, please describe exactly what you have done and what the result is that you are getting. If you are not using an IP address based domain then the problem is most likely not the same issue.

jebrandon343719

Just followed the instructions??

I uploaded the gallery, ran the installation, put the PHP code in my page and got the error
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/syd47766/public_html/a_gallery/galleries/global.php on line 59

This is not a live site yet, This is the url of my page : rowingphotos.php

This is the code I inserted
<?php
$pg_id = '2';
$pg_theme = 'light';
include('/home/syd47766/public_html/a_gallery/galleries/grid_fullsize/index.php');
?>

I tried deleting everything and start again, thinking I had done something wrong. I cannot re-run install , it just starts up again as if I had done nothing????

Eric Mittman

You can leave your images folder intact and remove the db and all of the PowerGallery files. This should allow you to run the installation again to ensure that you have a fresh copy of the tables and settings. Let me know if this does not fix the problem for you and I can get a ticket opened up.

jebrandon343719

not good

I removed the everything from the folder containg PowerGallery. I deleted the datatables, but something is still 'set'. I am unable to re-install, instead I get a login page ??
Then natually I get an error, because there is no datatable?????

How can I get rid of this? what other globals did the wizzard set>

Eric Mittman

You will need to go into your connections folder and delete the powergallery.php and the install.txt files. Once you do this make sure to close your browser out completely then re-open it and go to the admin/index page. You should see the installer screen.

jebrandon343719

Still no Joy

Hi,
I have re-installed, but predicably, I got the same error.

This is not a live site. I have a temprory address for the server, when DNS records are deligated, I can probably install this Gallery.
Problem is, for now, I cannot test, nor can I show my client.
This means I'll probably have to ditch this and go with another type of gallery!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...