close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Custom Shipping rules

Thread began 2/05/2010 8:57 am by birdscreen398247 | Last modified 2/08/2010 5:11 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1253 views | 3 replies |

birdscreen398247

Custom Shipping rules

I want to have shipping rules based on the product category of items, such as a flat fee for items in Category 1, a USPS rate for items in Category 2, a UPS rate for items in Category 3 and a rate calculated with my own formula for a mixture of categories.
(The nature of my business is my orders are rarely mixed categories.)

I am using DW CS4, eCart 5, and PHP.

What would the code look like and where would I put it?

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The first thing that you need to do is add a category column to your eCart object. And then update your add to cart server behavior to bind the category id to your category column.

Then open your eCart object, and click on shipping tab and click the add button. Under Triggers click the add button and for the condition select "Number of items with a specific column value" and select category for your column drop down list, and then from the calculation drop down list you can either set a flat rate or use the USPS shipping rate.

You will need to add this for each category that you want to set the shipping for. And then you will need to add a shipping rule for all other cases.

birdscreen398247

Custom Shipping rules

I understand what you described and did some of it, but when I get to the calculation part, I don't understand the formula that I have to fill in.

When I select "Based on a Quantity of an Item", it gives me the following formula to fill in:

The quantity of Item (blank) Operator (Blank)

What goes in the first blank? What goes in the second blank?

In other words, what do those two blanks represent. It is not explained in the Help file.

For instance, if I simply want the quantity of items times $2, what would I put in there?

Jimmy Wu

The first blank is the id of the product you want the shipping rule to be calculated for. The operator would be times. And the second blank will be 2.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...