close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

While executing onChange in WA eCart

Thread began 2/05/2010 7:21 am by jegoadby285710 | Last modified 2/25/2010 2:31 pm by Eric Mittman | 3885 views | 15 replies |

jegoadby285710

While executing onChange in WA eCart

I get this error when trying to assign a dynamic product id.

Iv attached an image file of the error.

Im using CS4 on a Intel Mac.

Any help is greatly received.

Kind regards

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

I have attached a zip folder, please download and extract the zip to this location

Hard disk: Users: [User Name]: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver CS4: en_US: Configuration: Commands

Make sure to have DW closed and delete the cache file before restarting DW.

146/

Attached Files
WA eCart AddToCart.zip

jegoadby285710

error on search results page

Hi

Thank you for the fix that seems to have sorted that problem out. Unfortunately I'm now getting this error which looks as if some component id missing of the server but i have defiantly uploaded the eCart directory.

Iv attached the page in question and a screen shot of the problem.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in D:\Webs\electionequipment.com\wwwroot\searchresults.php on line 3

As ever any help is most gratefully received.

Kind regards

John

Attached Files
John-eCart.zip

Dani Chankhour

It seems you are missing an include file at the top of the page:

At the end of line 1, press enter and paste this code:

<?php
//WA eCart Include
require_once("WA_eCart/Electrol_PHP.php");
?>

jegoadby285710

Lost image in shopping cart

Thank you again for you help with this cart (its the first time iv used it but its very easy to use).

Can you just give me a few tips on how i can make sure i get my images passed to the cart please.

Kind regards

John

Iv sorted this now, It was pulling the wrong info from the data base. but i did have to manually alter the code the application did not alter the code is there a reason for this? It would help me if I understood why it was not editing the code properly its the add to cart part of the application in the bindings section that does not seem to work. But all the rest seems fab.

Kind regards

John

Attached Files
John-g.zip

Jimmy Wu

Sometimes a field is not updated correctly in the interface unless you click into the field and hit enter and/or tab. If a value isn't getting updated correctly you should try that.

blackweldermhe400113

While executing onChange in WA eCart AddToCart.htm a javascript error occurred.

Originally Said By: jegoadby285710
  I get this error when trying to assign a dynamic product id.

Iv attached an image file of the error.

Im using CS4 on a Intel Mac.

Any help is greatly received.

Kind regards

John  

I'm having the same problem, but I'm using a PC with CS3. Should I use the same zip file and extract the file to this location, Adobe: Dreamweaver CS4: en_US: Configuration: Commands, as posted above?

I'm just trying to change the recordset that the Add to Cart button is referencing when I get the error.

Eric Mittman

If the error is the exact same you can try moving the js file into the proper location, before you do this though you should rename the old one so that it is backed up in case this is not the fix for you. Here are the paths for xp and vista/7.

xp
-DWCS3
--C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\Commands
-DWCS4
--C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration\Commands

vista/7
-DWCS3
--C:Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\Commands
-DWCS4
--C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration\Commands

blackweldermhe400113

Problem with the id_product parameter being passed when eCart is present.

Some of the problems that I've had with this project were already solved with the help of the webassist staff in some other threads.

showthread.php?t=9916&page=2

First, let me start by saying that I have a products page pulling records from a recordset that has a WHERE statement saved inside of a session variable with two conditions separated by and OR. Each record had a "Find out more" button that passed an id_product url parameter to a products results page that would show a more detailed oriented entry for that product. It was working as it was supposed to before applying the eCart object along with the add to cart button, but when the eCart object and add are present the screen goes white and wont filter properly from the products page. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I tried just removing the add to cart button to narrow the problem down, but it also happens if it's just the eCart object that is present. I've attached my php files for both the products.php page and the productsResults.php page.

Attached Files
phpFiles.zip

Eric Mittman

When a php page comes up blank it usually means that there is an error on the page and you will need to enable error reporting to see it. [You can try to enable the error reporting yourself by using this code at the top of your pages:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

Please give this a try and let us know the result.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...