close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Totally lost with HTML editor

Thread began 2/04/2010 10:02 pm by jcav26033 | Last modified 2/06/2010 11:36 pm by jcav26033 | 2908 views | 13 replies |

jcav26033

Totally lost with HTML editor

I have been reading all the posts about how to get my style sheets into the editor. What I CAN'T seem to find is how to "re-enter the editor." I am on mac osx snow leopard. I am using the editor under the Power CMS install but of course I can only use it on the web since it would need to be an application to "launch" in my OS. There seems to be no way to "launch" the editor on my Mac. I never see any way to duplicate the window screen shots that are attached to many of the posts.

Is there anyone familiar with dreamweaver cs3 on the mac platform that can give me a step by step? It appears from the screen shots I am seeing that HTML Editor is running as an application, but there is nothing but .js and .html files in the Power CMS install. What am I not getting about all this?

Please clue me in since without being able to have my website's style-sheets available in the editor for the client to use, this will be nothing short of disaster.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The first question is, do you have HTMLEditor installed in Dreamweaver?

Then make sure to have the property window open in DW (Window -> Properties).

jcav26033

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  The first question is, do you have HTMLEditor installed in Dreamweaver?

Then make sure to have the property window open in DW (Window -> Properties).  

Thanks Dani,
If by "installed in Dreamweaver" you mean is it in my site root folder, it is in the Power CMS folder within my Dreamweaver site. Is there a way to actually >install< it into Dreamweaver? I am unaware of this and would need to be pointed in the right direction.

Dani Chankhour

Have you purchased the HTMLEditor from WebAssist.com?

jcav26033

Re Purchase of HTMLEditor

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  Have you purchased the HTMLEditor from WebAssist.com?  

HTMLEditor is part of PowerCMS which yes I purchased. Do I have to purchase it again?

Office Guy-172461

HTML editor is an extension that was used in the creation of PowerCMS.

PowerCMS is a ready made solution.

So you would install HTML Editor into Dreamweaver as a tool to create things like PowerCMS.

They are two separate products.

jcav26033

Originally Said By: Office Guy-172461
  HTML editor is an extension that was used in the creation of PowerCMS.

PowerCMS is a ready made solution.

So you would install HTML Editor into Dreamweaver as a tool to create things like PowerCMS.

They are two separate products.  

OK...then HOW do I customize PowerCMS to use my style sheets without buying HTMLEditor...if that can't be done than the PowerCMS product, as great as it is, is not very useful. Can I just alter some config file? I'm not afraid to do that if it's possible. Or shouldn't PowerCMS be sold with that ability built in? It seems like a fairly rudimentary thing that folks would want to do. Any ideas?

Office Guy-172461

From the Getting Started Guide:

How PowerCMS works
Unlike other CMS tools, PowerCMS does not create any pages for you. Instead, you can integrate PowerCMS with any existing PHP website or tie PowerCMS into your pages as you develop your website.

Simply insert the PowerCMS code (Developer Notes) within the body of your PHP page to automatically display the content that is stored in PowerCMS.  

jcav26033

Originally Said By: Office Guy-172461
  From the Getting Started Guide:  

Office Guy, thanks, I have PowerCMS installed, and working. I comprehend how it works. The problem is that the client can't apply the styles from their website's style sheet since the PowerCMS editor shows only the default styles in the editor's drop-down menu.

I want them to be able to choose the correct styles from the website's CSS style sheets, not use the fontface and fontsize and "Normal" styles that are in the HTMLEditor as it runs under PowerCMS. Isn't there an easy way to have the website's CSS styles populate HTMLEditor's drop-downs?

This is more and more sounding like a PowerCMS issue and maybe this is the wrong forum but it does involve both products.

Thanks!

Office Guy-172461

From the FAQ:

Out of the box, PowerCMS only gives users the ability to define text as Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. The actual CSS style is then inherited from the page that content is displayed on. However, if you wanted your users to be able to select different CSS styles from a particular style sheet you would use HTML Editor, one of our Dreamweaver extensions, to customize the WYSIWYG toolbar in PowerCMS.  

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...