Universal Email v4 BETA coming soon
It probably won't be called Universal Email any more, but the name is still TBD.
We are going to have a small naming problem for a little while as we combine products in upcoming months.
This is just a small taste of that where we are combining Universal Email and Digital File Pro into a single product.
This will set us up to integrate both into Form Builder with HTML editor coming up, and then combine that with DataAssist to unify a good chunk of our products.
The new features in this release are:
1) Updated naming conventions to reflect the functionality rather than the product names, since the individual products will be going away.
The new menu options for this product will be:
WebAssist -> Create Email Message
WebAssist -> File Management -> Upload, Download, Delete, Etc.
WebAssist -> Progress Bar
We have also updated the directory the files are stored in the site. Now all product include files will be installed into a central "webassist" folder with subdirectories named for functionality and not the product name.
2) A new quick insert UI loosely based on Outlook to try to streamline basic email application.
3) Added Reply-to and Return Path settings so that they can be controlled through the interface
4) A new feature exposes the use of a file to manage email lists, so you can send emails to multiple people and maintain the list in an excel spreadsheet or other delimited file.
5) We added delay times so you can pause between individual email messages or groups of messages.
6) We enabled direct attachment of files from the form from the email attachment tab.
7) We created a few default email designs and added the capability to manage your body through an external file. You can set your body to an existing page or create one using one of our pre-defined templates. Then after applying the email server behavior you can update the email body by simply updating the page in Dreamweaver.
8) We added a progress bar for Universal Email that will show you how many emails have been sent, how many are in the queue, and an estimate of the time to completion.
9) Email bindings to allow you to easily view and display content from the most recently sent email.
10) Email logging feature to allow you to insert or update your database with email data as the emails are sent.
This should simplify email creation for the new user, allow for email newsletter and marketing, simplify updating email content, and make tracking volume and debugging easier as well. We should have something ready for you to try out by early next week.
Let me know if you have any questions, we look forward to your feedback.