close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem adding a CSS menu

Thread began 2/04/2010 1:43 pm by info72555 | Last modified 2/09/2010 7:27 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1287 views | 5 replies |

info72555

Problem adding a CSS menu

I have searched the forum and did not find any reference to the problem I am having.
I chhose Insert, WebAssist and CSS Menu Writer (Win XP, DW CS3). The window comes up fine and I select a menu style. When I click OK, the progress window appears but it gets stuck right from the beginning. Under the heading Menu Writer, it says "Initializing" Under Progress, it says Run time 0:00. It just stops!

I have tried what was suggested for other problems. I uninstalled the extension, deleted the cache, reinstalled: no difference. I uninstalled, deleted the cache and installed the Beta version: same result.

I am really frustrated and don't know what to do. The extension activates ok but it does not create anything.

Help!!

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Try deleting your Configuration folder, this link include the steps:

146/

after you delete your configuration folder, make sure to install the latest version of CSS Menu Writer (2.0.3).

Let me know if the problem still exists.

info72555

Is there an alternative??

Deleting the Configuration folder will be a LOT of work. I own a lot of your extensions and have a total of over 40 installed. Can you possibly suggest something else to try??

After setting up the menu in Menu Builder and clicking OK, I noticed that Form Builder shows up in a drop down menu (attached). Is there a potential conflict with Form Builder?

All of my other extensions work perfectly and it seems a bit drastic to remove everything...

Thanks

Jimmy Wu

Does this happen with every menu you try to create? What settings are you changing in the wizard when you are setting up the menu?

info72555

Stall on every menu

I even tried it on the default menu without any modifications... same result.
It just hangs with the progress bar at 0:00
The drop down menu is still active (so your extension is not frozen) but I have no choice but to close it every time.

Jimmy Wu

What you can try is to rename the configuration folder, but make sure you don't delete any of the other extensions from within extension manager. Only remove Menu Writer and re-install it. Then try running it in Dreamweaver. If this works, then you will have to re-install all the extensions (make sure you test them after installing each one). If the extension still isn't working, you can close dreamweaver and extension manager and then delete the current configuration folder and rename the old one back to configuration. This will restore the extensions you had installed previously. Let me know how that goes.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...